Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Supair tournament preperation...

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Kincraig,Scottish Highlands.
As the title suggests,Im looking for help and info regarding this.At this time,we are considering entering the Scottish Paintball Championships next year,providing we are upto speed and there is space for our team.Apart from training and stuff,what else would I need to organise?Im aware there are entry fees so thats not a problem.How does it usually work for paint?Do you usually buy it onsite or bring your own?Im just looking for general information regarding the tourney scene as a whole,so I can get the bigger picture and start to plan ahead.Yes,I can be very anal about planning this far ahead.lol.Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Kev

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
As the title suggests,Im looking for help and info regarding this.At this time,we are considering entering the Scottish Paintball Championships next year,providing we are upto speed and there is space for our team.Apart from training and stuff,what else would I need to organise?Im aware there are entry fees so thats not a problem.How does it usually work for paint?Do you usually buy it onsite or bring your own?Im just looking for general information regarding the tourney scene as a whole,so I can get the bigger picture and start to plan ahead.Yes,I can be very anal about planning this far ahead.lol.Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Kev
Logistics: Need to work out what hotel and how many rooms you need, and how you will travel there. factor in the cost of these 2 things.
Paint: depends on the site but typically its vendor/sponsor paint only. work out a rough budget for this as well, depending on the format you play
Entry: You already mentioned, and needs paid in advance of the tournament.
Team pods: make sure you've got enough for the entire team plus spares
Time management: the biggest downfall of a lot of teams. make sure every single player knows exactly the dates they need off work/uni/whatever and make sure you've got a full roster, preferably more than 2 days before the event.
Pit crew: Do you need one? if so, do you know people who are willing to help out, or do you plan to use players?
have a plan of how you want to manage your pit crew. Where possible you want to aim for 3 pit crew members, to deal with collecting and filling pots, coaching and cleaning down players etc.

But out of all of that, just making sure that you have a budget and that your players can all stick to it (for the full season) is the biggest help

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Nice one.Thanks for that.I know this is probably like asking how long a piece of string is,but whats the average amount of paint to go through in a day?lol.Like I said,how longs a piece of string?

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Nice one.Thanks for that.I know this is probably like asking how long a piece of string is,but whats the average amount of paint to go through in a day?lol.Like I said,how longs a piece of string?
well SPCS is going to be straight up 5 man, followed by Race to 2 i believe, so can probably budget for about 8-10 cases per day, shouldn't be more than that.

Reactions: NinjaSquirrel

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
Wicked.Thanks mate.Guess Id better get the calculator out.lol:D
its not as complicated as you'd think tbh. Quite simply you do a quick shop about for hotels for the best price, book it and get everybody to give you the money for that. you'll know well in advance what the entry for the event is so just divide that up by the number of players you're taking and collect that too. So when it comes to paint, just get a max budget in your head, then pick a grade of paint on the day that will give you enough paint to shoot and fit inside that budget. basically if you only budget for a paint bill of around £150, you aren't going to be shooting Dye competition grade or GI 5 star, so decide accordingly :)

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
I dont think the accomodation thing would come into it for us,especially if where just planning the SPCS as its only a few hours from us.Ive sat down and worked out a rough cost per person,minus transport cost,and its looking not to bad.Just need to get up to speed on the world of Supair

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I dont think the accomodation thing would come into it for us,especially if where just planning the SPCS as its only a few hours from us.Ive sat down and worked out a rough cost per person,minus transport cost,and its looking not to bad.Just need to get up to speed on the world of Supair
where you based buddy? I'm down in Glasgow myself. If you want to play and you've got enough guys to make a team then I'd just go and jump straight in this year! Its a brand new event with pretty much all brand new teams so you're not going to be disadvantaged or anything. And despite what you hear, don't think that you HAVE to train like a pro to be able to go play sup air. a lot of scottish teams have done this over the years and still failed miserably :D

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
Like Liam said, the SPCS is a new series and is primarily made up of new teams from the Aberdeen area.. So don't feel 'timid' about jumping straight in their.

On another note the SPCS is site paint only, this should be fine unless you have a paint sponsor for events. But as your a new team you will be sound..

Also NinjaSquirrel I'm assuming its yourselves who are coming to Lossiemouth this weekend?.

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Just down the road from Aviemore.We would do it this year but the finances arent there which is a shame,and we havent actually played on a Supair field yet,although that will hopefully change over the coming months.lol.