Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Take me down to tha Taliban City

Where the paint is cheap and the girls are pretty,
Oh won't you please take me home, yeah, yeah...

That little ditty is inspired not by mescalin (not this time), but rather by a snippet from a press release from tha 'world-famous' (TM) SC Village. This lil gem reads:

"Enough with the negotiations, time to send in the troops. The World Famous SC Village, renowned for their classic and detailed fields, has added some realism to their park with the advent of the new Taliban City field. Now paintball players can come out and dish out a little revenge, American style."

Now is it just me, or is that THE MOST GODDAM RIDICULOUS, IRRESPONSIBLE AND DOWNRIGHT ****ING STUPID THING I HAVE EVER IN MY LIFE SEEN?

I mean come on guys, get real...why does SC Village see the need to do this? This is a role model field at the heart of the tourney scene; Taliban City not only reinforces tired old sterotypes of Paintball as out-and-out wargame, it also plays on the events of 9.11...I mean, revenge on who? Are SC Village gonna have an Asian guy with a towel wrapped round his head in place to play 'hunt the terrorist'? Cos that'll help out with racial sterotyping and tolerance in the younger generations no end...

I give up...

Slackbrother

Aug 13, 2001
Northpole
apocalypse now

..wonder if there is intelligent life out there.. and im thinking of the outer space now. if it is, im sure they're watching us.. and having a really good laugh. its getting darker and darker down here. over-populated. over-populated with non-intelligent life. we're taking up too much space. the environment is falling apart and we're basically doing..nothing. cash is king. "dying forests? hell no! fuccck that! fill her up! cheap gas for everyone. consumers, unite!!". something has to happen. aids, floods, communism, hunger, wars or earthquakes? no.. it doesnt help. we need an asteroid or even better, a comet. and let me tell you all what happens then. as the clouds of dust and smoke vanishes decades after the impact, some mad professor (one of 2 survivors) will open his freezer and pop a bottle of semen anno 2002. semen straight outta David Hasselhof. the juice is injected into Aung San Suu Kyi. the best from the west, the best from the east. the genealogical table is safe and secure for years to come. only need to clone some backups, in case the young Hasselhof's doesn't live up to the standard. hmm maybe not a foolproof plan.. its hard to calculate the time of the comets impact. .. and some might get impatient. well, we could play Taliban City ball and smoke some pot in the meantime. or maybe even burn some forests just for the fun of it. ehh and kill some people. that'll do it.

best,
Sonny Cerveza

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
I'm not surprised, really.

Originally posted by TJ Lambini
Now is it just me, or is that THE MOST GODDAM RIDICULOUS, IRRESPONSIBLE AND DOWNRIGHT ****ING STUPID THING I HAVE EVER IN MY LIFE SEEN?

I mean come on guys, get real...why does SC Village see the need to do this?
I give up...
TJ : I may be going before your time here, so bear with me. SC Village used to be called "SAT CONG Village" (Next time you're there, if you think of it, ask 'em) This was when Grandpa Regan was in office, and it was acceptable to go beat the hell out of some foreign power for kicks. They changed the name back int eh early 90's when paintball made it's first try at being PC.

http://www.scvillage.com/swf_files/talibancity.html is a link to the site that they have up now. It's just another bombed out building field, just like Challenge Park. Except SC decided to make it fit in with the other "rec" fields there.

TJ, I haven't been there since I ran into you back in '97, but I can see from teh web page that it hasn't changed. They took out one of their wide-open fields to pu tup the tourney complex, but what are the other rec-fields called? "Russia", "Bosnia", "Vietnam", "Germany", "Niceragua", "Laos", "Iraq", "Kosovo", "Honduras" & "Cambodia". I'm leaving something out, I know I am, but you get the point. OH! China Beach!

SC Village has always enjoyed the war image, they never stopped. They only kinda quietly stopped talking about it. So it doesn't surprise me.

Personally, I can also remember when paintball fields had a "Shoot Saddam Hussen Day" too, it's a coping mechanisim more than anything else. In the case of SC Village, IMHO, I agree, they're cashing in on the dead.

-Tyger

Edited to remove a William Blake refrence...

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Originally posted by TJ Lambini

No its not just you TJ...Being from NYC this issue certainly hits home..Not only are the actions of SC Village irresponsible but probably one of the most insensistive acts of all time.How could any reputable business even think about using this as a theme for one of thier fields??

Whats next??Isreal village..Come and shoot Palestinians suicide bombers before they reach the women and children..There are certain themes that should never be touched upon and this is one of em!!Im sorry Tyger but this isnt Vietnam,Cambodia,Or even Iraq for that matter..This was a war unlike any we've ever seen before..This was a vicious attack on American civilians and not a subject taken very lightly around my area..I could only imagine the scene here if one of my local fields on Long Island put up a Taliban city!!...Maybe the effects of what happened dont run as deep over there..I watched from across the river in Queens as the towers came down..I waited to hear from 2 close friends to see if they got out in time...Maybe if Sc Village went through what I and about 8 million New Yorkers went through that day they would think twice about putting that field up..And let them explain to the families of 9/11 that its just to let some aggression out..

And to touch on the topic of the money issue!!
DEATH SELLS IN AMERICA...
I watched as vendors in Manhattan got rich selling posters,pictures,t-shirts,mugs,caps and every thing that could make them a pretty penny from 9/11.The commemarative coins were where i finally realized that our country thrives off this and if it can make u a dollar than its worth the risk, no matter who it affects....

Ill end my rambles now before i get any more bent out of shape..Thanks 4 the info TJ..When the **** hits the fan your usually right on top of it..Keep it up....
:cool:

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Originally posted by headrock6

...Im sorry Tyger but this isnt Vietnam,Cambodia,Or even Iraq for that matter..This was a war unlike any we've ever seen before..This was a vicious attack on American civilians and not a subject taken very lightly around my area..I could only imagine the scene here if one of my local fields on Long Island put up a Taliban city!!
Umm, dude? That was my point in th first place. I am not surprised SC would do that, as it fits in witht he 'theme' of thier little war-games image.

And, for the record, I'm with you bro. SC Village is making money on the dead. Irresponsible.

-Tyger

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Tyger:D
I know..My words didnt come out exactly how i wanted them to....I didnt mean to imply that you were in favor of it...I got caught up in the heat of the moment and my words betrayed me....I was trying to say how war is one thing....But when American citizens are blown up in an office building we've just stepped it up anothet notch...I guess bad taste is whats in nowadays no matter what the effects..

And by the way i was 15 and still remember those shoot Hussien days.....Good ole days...Ahh where has the time gone????

alt01

Aug 16, 2002
California
Visit site
SC Village is in it for the money and only the money, and I'm sure many people will be drawn in to pay 25 bucks so they can pretend they're in a war that's actually going on right now.

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if they hadn't put out that idiotic press release.