Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tank Leak

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Ello guys n gals,

Had a new reg slapped on my tank a little while ago after the last one popped :( it worked fine when it was fitted about 3 months ago maybe more, However...

Filled my tank up sunday just gone and its started to leak from the reg/bottle thread just under the guage, nothing huge as i didnt notice while it was filling.. the leak stopped when it got down to 3k but i noticed it leaking again when i got home from the field..

while its had air in it ive done the old water test and its defo coming from the threads..

I'm pritty sure taking the reg off and slapping it back on to resit the oring would solve my problems but do we think its a good idea for me to try it or give it to someone else just to be safe ?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I take it you're not stupid...?.:), if you intend removing the reg be absolutely sure there is no air left in the bottle. Replace the bottle neck o-ring and refit the reg and torq to 50nm.

If you're not sure about anything get a professional to do this.

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
Right just sat down.. little elbow grease and an aching hand later ive excited the reg off of the tank.. the oring was the problem its split in 2.. is it just a standard oring ?