Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tank testing legislation and authority

Japtech Smokey

Blut up, Blut out
Sep 21, 2011
Wondered if anybody knows the body responsible for governing tank testing legislation? i live in cumbria and there seems to be a shortage of tank testers around here. work for quite a large air con company and i am wondering if it would be worth our time becoming a hydro tester but cant seem to find much info on the intertweb (can't really be arsed to trawl through pages of ****) thought one of the mods or somebody clued up on the subject could help?

any info would be appreciated

best regards

BDN

May 24, 2008
NW England
Err, that was an answer to your question about which body is responsible
for tank-testing legislation......

Japtech Smokey

Blut up, Blut out
Sep 21, 2011
A health and safety exec that's brilliant why didn't I think of that! I tell u what I'll ring him right now the one health and safety exec that's responsible for legislation on tank testing. What's his name again? I. Test Tanks? Seeing as u obviously didnt understand the question by body i didnt mean a persons body i meant an organisation, committee or group that is responsible for making the rules and enforcing them on actual tank testers.

Thanks three zeroes for actually giving some information thats worth more than a tramp scratching his balls

Last edited:

BDN

May 24, 2008
NW England
Try to help & this is the thanks you receive....

Despite childish remarks, I'll offer further info

'elf & safety exec' = Health & Safety Executive. Not a suggestion about your job, a suggestion in answer to your question.

The DfT appears to be the competent body which implements the regulation & appointment of authorised cylinder testers through UKAS.

So, try those two, the HSE & UKPSF. There is a contact telephone number for the UKPSF in Rochdale.

Japtech Smokey

Blut up, Blut out
Sep 21, 2011
Well with the irrelevance of your comment the only thing I could think you were talking about was my job. Obviously i knew what u meant by elf and safety exec but it bore no relevance to what I was asking. And then u left a snidey comment insinuating I was the one who didn't understand hence my sarky response. Your second attemp was much better! Just out of curiosity what makes u say the DFT are compotent? Thank you very much you have answered my question very thoroughly