Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The End of JT

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I don't think anybody knows for sure what is happening Stateside and so speculation is understandably gonna be rife amongst those who like to tittle-tattle.

As for Europe?
I don't know for sure but Europe has always been seen as a separate arm to JT's main corporate colossus that is the US market and I see no reason why this policy would change.

All I know for sure is this much, I have known Simon Cole for nigh on 20 years now and in all that time he has played the game above board.
If any of you guys wanna know what's going on,t hen I am sure he will tell ya.
Simon ain't gonna be involved in no BS cr@p and I'm sure when he knows something, he will let everybody know.

Si?

JUNIOR BROWN

never ending grind
Oct 31, 2002
California
Visit site
JU / Lump, I am gonna leave this up for the following reasons:-

The whole premise of the employees being upset about this is somewhat academic because I am damned sure they would have read it elsewhere anyway.
It's not as if we are sanctioning this, it's rumour for god's sake and this site, as well as all all other forums, thrive on speculation.

Just because we allow people to post their speculation or rumours that they may have heard doesn't mean we sanction it by default just because it is posted on our site.

I think people who read it will appreciate its rumour and treat it as such.
I think deleting this thread is a dangerous way to go and would certainly strangle a lot of news/information/speculation this sport throws up.

I feel bad for those JT employees if in fact this is true but I'm afraid the JT cat is already out the bag as far as that is concerned.

Sorry guys, it stays up!
OK big man... ;-) Hope you had a nice Xmas.

could this be related to the fact walmart is going to stop selling JT products? or is that just rumors?
What is going down will have a lot to do with walmart!

No More Brass Eagle Paintballs - Brass Eagle Paint Plant To Close In Two Months. http://ballerscafe.com/forum/content.php?248-No-More-Brass-Eagle-Paintballs-Brass-Eagle-Paint-Plant-To-Close-In-Two-Months

Brass Eagle was all the walmart paint.

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
I notice no-one is saying that their 'latest' kit was bought from JT....

Seriously, if you want to be hugely disappointed/dismayed, go out and buy some JT gear before the end of Feb. I understand you all want to take credit for what you all bought in the 90's, but if you havn't bought JT in the past 3-4 years then you're still part of the reason they're in a mess.
The consumer isnt part of the reason.

The 'reason' may be that they dont make stuff people want to buy? That consumers then dont stump up the hard earned isnt their fault!

Unless everyone wants to make a charity purchase?

Brian CPA

Feb 16, 2007
cpaopen.dk
JTEurope has been sold to french Cybergun (Europes largest softgun co.) from the hands of MAXS, but JTUSA are NOT closing down.

The softball market is much larger than pb, so it's a natural buyout and I'm sure they'll keep on producing, so it's business as usual. Except for the european distributors, who have to get their orders from a french storage instead of a german.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think it best to put the record a little straighter here, JT Europe have not actually been sold to anybody, JT Europe did however cease to trade on December 31st 2009 and now, no longer exists.

CyberGun have actually purchased the right to sell and distribute JT branded products throughout Europe tho I think the man reason they have acquired these rights is to create a sales portal for their own products into the paintball market.

Basically, I think we will see CyberGun begin to manufacture their own range of paintball equipment and brand them JT as part of an expanded market program for their company.

I think the JT employees will be OK for the time being with Maxx and CyberGun hoovering up their respective talents.
Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a phoenix company arise from the ashes of the old JT Europe with Mannfred steering that new company into Europe's new 'leaner and meaner' era of operation.

Mannfred is fast becoming Europe's paintball behemoth which can be good or it can be bad dependent upon the man himself; those who have had experience with him will make make their own minds up concerning this aspect.

From what I know, these [European] negotiations were protracted and as part of this somewhat painful process, Mannfred managed to squeeze himself a reported $1 million plus payoff along with the direct and unrestricted access to JT's line of products until end of 2012.

If ever I end up getting divorced [god forbid, the ensuing stampede of women across the globe trying to get a piece of my ass would be too much for my conscience to bear] then I want Mannfred as my lawyer.