Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The first days of paint ball

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Who played paintball 10-15 years ago? Just thinking back to when I first played. The guns were ****e, the paint was so expensive, the pyros more lethal but damn it was still such good fun.
I think for my first ever day I only used about 50 balls, Can't remember the gun used but it ran on compressed air (not the modern system we have now) The bottle was integral to the gun and you got about 20 shots before the pressure was too low. It was bolt action and because the tube holding the paint was parallel to the barrel tou had to pull back the bolt, tip the gun down and to the side, wiggle it until a ball was chambered then release the bolt.

Anyone ever used one of those? I rember using a splatmaster after that and thinking" Oh my god this gun is soo cool" Thats how bad it was. Still kept me interested in the sport to be still playing it now.

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
It wasnt a sheridan. It was all metal with a plastic grip and a little larger than a PGP. The air cylinder was under the barrel (unremoveable) and it was boly action not pump.

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
It's nice to know I'm an encyclopedia... :)

Umm, there were a few SC pistols on teh market at the time. the PGP was a popular rental. My PGP is a rental rescue from Stalker. I don't wanna know how many cases went through it 1 ball at a time...

The way you describe it, sounds like you had a Nelspot with a pump handle, lucky *******. The 12 gram was inside the grip, which you had to remove in order to shoot it. The gun is a steel beast which rusted if you dind't oil it to an inch of it's life, assuming you could get in there to clean it.

Why lucky? Early nelspots were BOLT ACTION. ripped the hell out of your left index finger to TRY to shoot it fast

I own a cursed Nelspot 007. That's a whole other story tho.

-Tyg

Edited to add content

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Nah wasnt a nelspot either. It ran on simple compressed air and filled with a simple comressor into a fixed air tank fixed externally under the barrel. It was bolt action on the side and by definition of design there wa no way it could be turned into a pump. The feed tube was horizontal to the barrel not on top. Oh please oh please let me know what it was

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
If it had a wood stock, it was probably a KP, old style.

Wait, WAIT!!! YES! I think I know what it is! Paintball dave has one of these things, it's the old style cow markers used back in the day. The feed tube is on the side (Right side, I think?) and you have to pull the plunger back, then forward, then cock it from a bolt on the side, and fire once. All black gun? Makes a hellatious "POP" when you shoot it?

I can find ou the name of the gun, I don' thtink anyone knows it short of finding it's manufacturer...

-Tyger