Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

The news at NE open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Paul has a point though. What happened in Nemacolin is a huge wake up call for the US teams.
All it takes now is one visionaire over there that has the smarts to unite a good number of companies and perhaps draw in some outside interest, and he can then cherry pick from that huge talent pool.
If a person like that goes down the Legion's path of professionalism with coaching and what have you, after the time it takes for the players to adjust to this way of thinking, you'd end up with a team that can kick some major ass. First people I imagine doing that is Dynasty Inc.

If European paintball wants to compete with the likes of that, teams will have to think outside their areas. Players will have to be drafted from all over the f*cking continent, along pro football patterns. Expand the talent pool, and that is even assuming Euro teams can find the financing to be able to do so.

Russian Legion not only consistently kicked US ass in Nemacolin, they consistently kicked Euro ass as well. Sure, it's fun to ride along on the waves that they have created, I'm enjoying it too, but they are in a league of their own.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Baca Loco
Good one, Mak. Maybe someday you'll have an original thought.
He doesn't have to when a second hand jibe does the job just as well...makes ya kinda think the real point is not Mak's unoriginality but your predictabliity...now, please spare me the 5000 word dissertation in reply which says nothing other than showing me you can position a literal head disappearing up it's own literal ass, 'all flower - no power', now that is original, coz I just made it up !!!

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
paul has a VERY GOOD point.

It's one of those things, you have to be carefull what you wish for. RL raise the bar. The Americans (who in theory have the resource) follow suit. The Euros (who don't have the resouce) can't follow suit, and fall even further behind.

I have a fairly good idea of what kind of support the European teams get from their sponsors, (not all the facts, but a pretty good idea).

Can the teams over here afford to keep up? Probably not. I don't know of anyone in Euroball who has the money to hire a professional team of players, house and feed them, hire coaches, build a training facility, to train their team up to be the best. The players over here (in england at least) are already tapped, they can't spend any more, they have no more free time to give up to train. So where does this leave euroball.

At the bottom of the pile. But guess what, we already pretty much are bottom of the pile, so maybe this dosn't make much of a difference.

More likely what this will serve to do, is to widen the gap between Euroball, and Yank ball.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Red_Merkin
paul has a VERY GOOD point.

It's one of those things, you have to be carefull what you wish for. RL raise the bar. The Americans (who in theory have the resource) follow suit. The Euros (who don't have the resouce) can't follow suit, and fall even further behind.

I have a fairly good idea of what kind of support the European teams get from their sponsors, (not all the facts, but a pretty good idea).

Can the teams over here afford to keep up? Probably not. I don't know of anyone in Euroball who has the money to hire a professional team of players, house and feed them, hire coaches, build a training facility, to train their team up to be the best. The players over here (in england at least) are already tapped, they can't spend any more, they have no more free time to give up to train. So where does this leave euroball.

At the bottom of the pile. But guess what, we already pretty much are bottom of the pile, so maybe this dosn't make much of a difference.

More likely what this will serve to do, is to widen the gap between Euroball, and Yank ball.

Jeeez Col I am shaking in me boots mate :)
After the Euros raised the bar with the Millennium and subsequently with the NPPL (Pure Promotions) in tournament promotion, I ain't holding me breath on any quick backalsh :)

The point is mate, we showed them - maybe they will respond, and maybe that response will leave every Euro team except the RL further behind but a succesful legacy works both ways,
we will be inspired to improve but the Yanks will first have to face up to the fact they were lacking before they even think about changing.....and herein lies the problem for them, tihnk abou it mate.
Peace

drhp

Life changing and so are you.
Jan 24, 2002
Umeå, Sweden
Originally posted by Mak D - Nexus Eclipse
C'mon, where ya at???!!! C'mon............. all you bitch ass yank mofo's who were the ears off us all sayin ''ahh the ruskies aint ****, they roll the Euro's but aint rollin any of our teams''

Well HA as we all said they went over and rolled your ass, Baca we as a people will accept your resignation anytime :)

Mak D
:cool:

GO LEGION, well done boys you ve shut em all up now ;)
Maybe it the same "bitch ass yank mofo's" that PREECHIN that Nexus is one of the best euro teams.:rolleyes: :D

scribble

Jan 12, 2002
Denver, CO
Cringes...I can see where this thread is going. US vs UK debate has already been done. RL are something else agreeing with Buda 3 they are in a league of their own. They are. US UK this fact is still true. Dynasty for a time were all on there own also, and circles and roundabouts suggests that everything comes to an end as it appears to be for Dynasty inc. (They still play top calss ball but other teams are catching up and this last two years they have experienced more losses than ever before. I also acknowledge that change of format may have influenced this). But will the RL legacy and also production line of professional high quality dedicated players that they can produce through, sponsorship, coaching, structured training and the core principle - harsh, hard training and physical strength/endurance and speed come to an end? No time soon. I think the RL being at the top of the tree consistently will stand for some time to come.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by scribble
Cringes...I can see where this thread is going. US vs UK debate has already been done. RL are something else agreeing with Buda 3 they are in a league of their own. They are. US UK this fact is still true. Dynasty for a time were all on there own also, and circles and roundabouts suggests that everything comes to an end as it appears to be for Dynasty inc. (They still play top calss ball but other teams are catching up and this last two years they have experienced more losses than ever before. I also acknowledge that change of format may have influenced this). But will the RL legacy and also production line of professional high quality dedicated players that they can produce through, sponsorship, coaching, structured training and the core principle - harsh, hard training and physical strength/endurance and speed come to an end? No time soon. I think the RL being at the top of the tree consistently will stand for some time to come.
Good point, I think I will close thread coz I don't wanna see the thread go that way, it tends to undermine the otherwise happy environment we all enjoy :):)

---------------------------Thread Closed-------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.