Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

THinking of getting a Marker

Inferno

Paintball Addict
I have no direct experience with the JT(I haven't shot one), but the first one I saw was leaking air out of the barrel. While I seriously doubt this would happen with all of them, I would stick with a marker that has been around for awhile(Piranha/Inferno/Spyder) for your first marker. Also, like Killeronion(who replies to alot of these threads), I HIGHLY recommend that you do not buy one until you have shot all of the markers you are thinking about.

Gretik

Below Green, Yellow maybe
Oct 26, 2001
Derbyshire
Visit site
Have a look...

Have a look around... Second hand guns are generally in good condition and if the selller won't let you try it out then don't bother with it. Second hand guns also have the benifit of being cheaper and often come with modifications like custom paint jobs or new barrels. Also don't be put off by slightly more complicated guns like autocockers. They run like a dream as long as you don't mess with them and if you need any help there is usually at least one person who will help you at a tournament (Although over where i go everyone seems to be helpful).

permboy

Aug 14, 2001
Birmingham
shoot as many as you can and always buy a second hand marker that is in good nick. Get a fellow baller to check it over for you :)

Audguy

Have some champagne.....
Feb 7, 2002
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
Predicament

I appreciate you guys replying and i actually did check out a used marker. The guys says that it is an Automag, but i dont know the specifics. He is selling it for only $150. I am pretty sure that it is a good deal and he offered for me to try it before i buy with his supervision. He is a pretty good friend of mine and i believe his word when he says that is in good condition and shoots well. I have a predicament though. He is not free to shoot with me until after a game that i am planning on playing in. Should i go ahead and trust him and buy the gun? He is a good friend and i think he is including an expansion chamber too. So should i skip the game and wait to try it or should i just go with it?

Joe

"Q""

Feb 8, 2002
Holywell Row U.K.
Visit site
If you can score an Automag for $150!!!!! Do it!!! In my opinion...Automag's are one of the best first gun's you can get!!!! Especially for $150 Like the other's said...shoot it first..then decide. Hope this helps!!!!!!

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
Buy the mag already!

Buy the mag!!!!!! I only paid £110 for my Mag and it was the best thing I ever did. You get a full manual and Video (Although slightly out of date) which helps you understand the marker and how to bug fix, and to be honest the only thing that every goes wrong with a mag is the o-rings, which you can get from AGD or planet or powerball for about 14 quid. Speaking from experience I would by the mag, but the first thing I would do is buy a parts kit and unless you know the guy has recently changed the o-rings I would replace the whole lot. If you don't get the manual or vid ring AGD and they will send you one for FREE! and if your ever stuck goto www.automags.org.

Audguy

Have some champagne.....
Feb 7, 2002
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
Where on web site? Directed To Rob

Hey you guys, thanks alot. I really appreciate all the feedback. I am really starting to feel at home with these paintballers. Oh Yeh, Hey ROB, where on that website do i go to get the free video and ring?