Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tournament paintball is rubbish

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
I think its just all the old people who want to change the format because x-ball requires you to be pretty fit *hides*

And I dont play tournament paintball for fun, I play to win and beat people....

*edit* I do agree with whoever said there should be no coaching though, communicating is another skill, sucks when someone has prior warning of a mugging run
being fit helps yes and running around a 70 meter paintball feild not once but sh*t loads in 15 minutes now that makes a sport also with a center of activity ie 2 central buzzers and you've got something for tv.now lets get all the punter sites to promote the next step formula 5's maybe with site guns only .then show them some pro teams playing the same thing and then watch them get in to this sport and you have growth. lets face it what this sport needs is growth.as for exspense 1 tornament 1hour of play 1 hell of a laugh even if you loose all your games, shooting 15 balls a second. and this still only cost my team only £80all in.i've spent as much on a training day let alone a tornament.

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
hmmm, Sometimes up here we have a scrim night with 5on5 games, just for fun, it quickly turns into 'everyone bursting lungs to win games' fest.... maybe just because were used to travelling from glasgow to play tournaments, 4-5 hours in a car, we aint in the mindset of going for a day out of fun in the park type thing and dont want to waste our weekend+effort+money to not win games, i guess our 'fun' comes at the end in the car home talking about the games we won :confused:
I cannot speak for the other teams but at no point did i say my team was out for a "fun in the park type thing" The 1 F5 that the entire team played together we went out and we beat every other team we played pretty comprehensively.....and i had tons of fun doing it, was it worth missing a training day to try something different, yes, and i got to accept a trophy because of it (though the captain got to keep it:tsk:)

Likewise when we play xball lite we go out trying to beat every single team we play, sometimes we do sometimes we dont.... we are always trying to improve and have come on leaps and bounds.

Regarding the fitness if your a heaving sweaty mess when you come back into the pits after youve been eliminated and your tagged back in after a minute or whatever, your not exactly going to be able to sprint back out to a key bunker, of course fitness comes into it..