Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Tower Paintball XMAS walkon 28th December 2009 10am to 6pm!

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
Any idea what the format of the day is going to be? Some of us are trying to work out how much paint we'll need.

I know, how long's a piece of string and all that.

gelt

Consultant
Jun 15, 2008
Littleport
sorry for the newb question but can I take a train with my gear in a bag on board? Not sure of the laws over here on that. Thanks

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
AFAIK you are not really supposed to take air systems on buses (bye laws) but if it's purged and hidden you should be OK.

It goes without saying that you should keep your marker well hidden in central London Just like anywhere else. Remember we have a lot of armed police around here.

Might be an idea to keep your mask in your bag as well, should keep nosy parkers at bay.

I'm getting the tube down with my kit and will be fairly careful as well.

I would be interested to see if anyone else has any further information regarding public transport.

Mello

Sep 19, 2003
Romford
Visit site
yea its fine as long as its out of site. I get the train from romford and travel on the underground with no probs to tower pb.

Plus just as a precaution, take all the air out of your air bottle not only for safety, but can you imagine if a burst disc decides to go on the tube :eek:. not good :)

gelt

Consultant
Jun 15, 2008
Littleport
Thanks for the info, it's way easier for me and the wife to take the train down there. However if there are laws prohibiting it we'll just drive only like 2 hours away. I would rather error on the side of the law than do anything bad, I'm a visitor here anyway and want to do things right. But still interested in what others have to say as well on this. Also what's the FPS at this place? I love indoor action, I cut my teeth on it as a kid miss the experience should be a great time.. Thanks for the info again.:D:D

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
I've just had a glance through the bye laws and actually couldn't find anything regarding air or compressed gases. This is the nearest thing to it I could find:

Potentially dangerous items
Except with written permission from an Operator or an authorised person, no person shall bring with him or allow to remain on the railway any item which, in the opinion of an authorised person, may threaten, annoy, soil or damage any person or any property.

An empty bottle is no more dangerous than a heavy bag so you should be fine, don't sweat it. Sorry if i worried you, it may be buses that are funny about it.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/legislation/regs/