Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Triggerbounce scandal at CC finals amB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, just wanted to say that our chances to win the millennium series total and CC was SCREWED up by some idiot ref on splatch field during our first game in finals against agneaux. Situation..

Our back player was taken for a triggerbounce test after we won the game, the refs could not get the gun to bounce.. like 5-6 refs tested and no bounce was there.. then they started to tap the trigger with 2 fingers and managed to make it fire twice!(weird uh?!) and that was in their opinion triggerbounce!(any modern highend marker gets double shots by doing that!) Ultimates were called down... they could not deside if it was triggerbounce cause they had not fired a marker in 18 months i was told.. so by doubletapping the trigger they finally decided that it fired more balls than they pulled the trigger! The marker (NYX) was tested even by max and alex lundquist and they immediately said NO BOUNCE.

Penalty: Banned player for the rest of games in tournament and no points in first won game.

And I want to remind that this marker in question was tested at least 10 times for triggerbounce during tournament and passed.

I think the triggerbounce testing rules should be watched over cause refs seems to take their own decisions that can screw up a tournament for a team.

On RPS field i heard of a TB case that really triggerbounced.. it was a eblade cocker and it went like full auto.. He got away with a warning..

As soon as a marker has a halo on and shoots fast its tested for TB.. What about for example timmys with revys? just because they dont shoot fast it doesnt mean they are not bouncing..

Reffing on CC was the poorest ever experienced by me i have to say.. there were 2 fields i felt that reffing was in control and those were, RPS and RAVEN. I personally dont think AmB teams should be able to ref cause the experience is not there. I have never seen such lousy reffing before... U SUCKED! Work your asses off on field and make good reffing and stop naziing about shirts, fabricated bounce, 1 4 1s, etc.. you have to see the hits!

Refs were standing 7m away from a player and the player was hit and called a check, the ref stood there 7m away and called him clean! HOW THE HELL COULD HE SEE IF THE PLAYER WAS HIT?!

One plaer was shot twice on the goggles so he barely saw the sun and raised his arm to ref so he could pull hes armband.. Ref said; what are u doing? play on.. player ripped his armband of and shook hes head as he walked to deadbox..
refs were standing BEHIND! players on observation.
refs didnt dare to go for a check when balls poured in so they took a decision 5m away..

Come on! no AmB reffing next year please.......

Very dissapointed...

Mikko Team Hypnotize SWEDEN

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I take great offence to this post. It was on our field that you played, and i was one of the refs that tried to make the gun bounce and it was bouncing like crazy. The judge you are moaning about was pulling the trigger with 2 fingers at the same time, NOT FANNING THE TRIGGER. It was bouncing on field, 5 judges made the gun bounce...and three ultimates made the gun bounce....

Nobody screwed your chances of winning the series other than the guy that had the bouncing gun. It was nobody's fault other than him. The gun was rocking with unbelievable speed. There was no idiot ref, and it was not the on fields refs decision as to what the penalty was, it was the ultimate judge that made the call. The ultimates were called over and showed the gun...then they decided what the call was going to be.

So get your facts right before you come on here and slate the wrong people!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How come Nexus made it with only a warning?

Tb test procedure should not be done with two fingers cause if you dont pull exactly simultaneously you get 2 pulls.

You cant search for the firing "activation point" on trigger travel cause its too short to decide if you pull several times or once. Follow the TB testing rules and the marker would have passed, like it did on all other fields.

This marker was used earlier in tournament by team Evolution and even they made it through all TB tests so im very confused about your abilities to find TB.

I am sorry If I called someone an idiot, but I cant take this cause the marker made it on ALL other fields TB tests.

Sorry man.

Mikko Team Hypnotize Sweden

Flash-Bugout

doin' other stuffs
Jul 6, 2001
need to get hold of Tank for an exit
Originally posted by MrCosworth -=HypnotizeSweden=-
Tb test procedure should not be done with two fingers cause if you dont pull exactly simultaneously you get 2 pulls.
Because when the first finger which is slightly ahead of the second finger activates the trigger microswitch, it automatically moves right forward, so the slightly behind finger can pull the trigger as well :confused: :confused: :confused:

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by MrCosworth -=HypnotizeSweden=-

You cant search for the firing "activation point" on trigger travel cause its too short to decide if you pull several times or once. Follow the TB testing rules and the marker would have passed, like it did on all other fields.

Mikko Team Hypnotize Sweden
If you can use two fingers why should a judge not be allowed to, if a judge can search and find the activation point they should. You own the marker so you know where that activation point is. The judge doesn't so they have to search, if all markers operated the same way as a light switch, same length of pull and contact point then you would have a point but as they don't, then nor do you. If the pull is that short on your marker as you say then it would discharge when it recieved an impact and as such is an unsafe marker and should be banned...anymore rules you want to twist?

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Trigger Bounce Farce @ Campaign Cup

I am writing this in relation to an incident that happened to regarding the somewhat over-zealous marshals on the SPLATCH field.

heres my pathetic story:

During our first game of the sunday club against a team that shall remain nameless, I got pulled off the field AFTER the game had finished, this was due to a call by the opposition after some pretty serious double tapping with added Halo action (E-Blades are f-ing quick.....right) to check my gun. I can only put this down to him ****ting himself at the shear volume of paint coming his way. So anyway, after the game had finished the marshal comes upto me and says "can i check your gun player, you were firing rather quick in that game" which i oblige to and feel confident that he will just put it down to me being able to fire a gun quickly. So away he fires holding the gun perfectly still, and pulling the trigger at the slowest pace possible after about Ten, yes TEN attempts manages to make the gun bounce.
Now, a cocker has a certain amount of momentum yes? because of the back block and what not, But you give me virtually any gun and i bet i could get it to bounce!
This gun had been tested over the previous two days in most of the games, and then in one game some wise guy manages to get it to bounce twice after about ten attempts! then as he realises he might be onto something, cruises over to the ultimate and lets him have a go, same thing happens. He gets it to bounce after about Ten attempts of really trying, and i mean REALLY trying, i.e pulling the trigger as slowly as possible (Lets be honest, am i gonna sit there and try and pull the trigger really slowly to maybe get a stream of three paintballs by pulling the trigger once).
It was as if they revelled in it, kinda like "Yes! we get to bust some guy for having a gun that bounced once!" And to make things worse the team we beat start fishin for excuses and askin the marshals for penalty points. In hindsight i was thinking to myself, i should have asked for the other team to have there guns checked!
I had a Matrix once, i could get the thing to fire by hitting it on the back-plate! and once you had a rythym going on the trigger you could take your hands away and it would carry on firing by its own recoil! Now THATS bounce!

I was mighty peeved at the marshals attitiude, and the other teams attitude towards the incident. Thats my tuppence, now i await the return fire with great anxiety..

;)

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
Mr Cosworth

Nexus warned??

Dont think so mate - I think you are armed with some false information there - be careful what you write.

Sounds to me like you were caught fair and square - sjt knows bounce when he sees it (although we do go back to 'walking' trigger and 'fanning' question Sam - what you describe is walking not fanning ;) )

We were checked many many times for bounce and passed the checks - the refs were checking guns very fairly in our experience although it sounds like Nitro had an over zealous judge who should not have checked the gun like that.

Anyway - my two penneth over with!!

Status
Not open for further replies.