Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Two reasons to strip and clean your ION

zxr

Sod Off!
Jul 26, 2005
on t'internet
www.rightmove.co.uk
Hi folks, below are 2 reasons i think you should strip and clean your ION with your eyes very open.

Please note the "Spare" solder laying across the board.

Inside the regulator. i'm thinking that these metal filings would certainly damage the seals and cause the reg to misfunction.

This could be a one off, but its worth checking to be sure.

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by zxr
Hi folks, below are 2 reasons i think you should strip and clean your ION with your eyes very open.

Please note the "Spare" solder laying across the board.

Inside the regulator. i'm thinking that these metal filings would certainly damage the seals and cause the reg to misfunction.

This could be a one off, but its worth checking to be sure.
Is that a new Ion or one you've used for a while?

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Nice!!!

Was the spare solder connected to anything or just loose?

robtattoo

Dunballin
Feb 13, 2003
Paintball's retirement community
zxr mate, no offence, but why have you posted that up here, rather than contacting Smart Parts???

And before everyone starts off on another SP witch-hunt, BOTH of my Protos, the '05 & '06, came with the bolt full of swarf.

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
He was only letting people know what they should look out for... :rolleyes:

...and I can't remember hearing from anyone who had swarf in their Proto Bolts...05 or 06 so you clearly didnt report your findings. Not to DYE Europe at least???

...but you are right. Contact the manufacturer and let them know. How can they be expected to solve a problem if they are unaware of it...

zxr

Sod Off!
Jul 26, 2005
on t'internet
www.rightmove.co.uk
Originally posted by robtattoo
zxr mate, no offence, but why have you posted that up here, rather than contacting Smart Parts???

And before everyone starts off on another SP witch-hunt, BOTH of my Protos, the '05 & '06, came with the bolt full of swarf.
I emailed Smart Parts and heard nothing, not even an auto email to say they would be in contact shortly.
I'm not trying to start a Smart Parts witch hunt, as Jeff said i'm just letting people know that this is something to look out for.

Stan, the solder was only connected to the insulation of the - battery wire

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch Burn the witch :D