Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UEA Paintball

Shadowops666

UEA Player
Jun 4, 2008
Norfolk
As of september 08 there will be a new paintball society at the UEA. Now there was apparently a society already around for the last year although they were nowhere to be found. Although when I started to talk to my local field apparently there was a UEA team?

If anyone has any information as to who these people were and what they were upto, I would be very grateful as I'm the president of the new society and would like to know what I may be associating myself with.

Plus anyone at UEA or coming to UEA in september and wanting to play please let me know as I would like the society to be very active for both woodsball and speedball.

Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12577245269

Dazzaster

Erm.... What does this trigger do?
Sep 2, 2005
North Norfolk
what about if a paintballer has somebody who goes to UEA? can they be a part of this? Im moving to norwich in september although not to be a student as Iv just finished doing that. :cool:

Shadowops666

UEA Player
Jun 4, 2008
Norfolk
what about if a paintballer has somebody who goes to UEA? can they be a part of this?
Well tbh, I doubt there will be an OFFICIAL uea team this year as it really depends what kind of members we get. I'm in no way experienced enough to start a team plus the UEA doesn't see paintball as a "sport" at the moment, so no, if your not a member then you cant strictly join the society....unless! you can provide a service to the society (as in provide lifts to members to sessions or some kind of sponsorship etc).

That aside, I will never turn someone away, I can pass on contacts of all the sites in the local area and certain people who can help you more than I can. You never know, there may be a uea/norwich based team appearing soon?

pm for more info.

p.s. Thanks kitty, I will start a similar thread on that forum as well. You don't know how good they were or what they competed in do you (as in masters/PA?)

Kitty

www.techpb.com
Aug 16, 2007
Oahu, Hawaii / London UK
www.myspace.com
ok all university paintball teams come under societys untill the uni league gets 23 competing teams ---- then it will become recognised as a sport by BUSA.

As for non students joining university teams most can for extra cash eg normally its a tenner a head for students of said university and £15 a year for non members - however they will be unable to compete within the UPL.

As for UEAs skill they have come and gone I dont think they did anything outside the UPL, they never came top 3 in the league thats all I know.

Any other questions feel free to PM me

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Don't worry about your skill level either bro, we started as bunch of complete greens with only a couple experienced players and had a blast. Uni paintball is competetive, but it does cater to the new guy as well (and we help eachother out as much as possible). There's a good thread on starting up a uni paintball team on that forum Kitty linked for ya, so check it out :)

Shadowops666

UEA Player
Jun 4, 2008
Norfolk
Yeah, kitty's done a great job on the site, its just a real shame about BUSA not viewing i as an official sport. Its almost there fault there isn't a "grassroots" programme for paintball and why its quite a small sport in the UK.

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
there was a go for a mountain boarding soc at the UEA last year just not enough interest, surely there is enough support maybe try getting an inflatable sup'air set up in the square to attract interest?