Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UK Meeting

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Today, we have our first meeting with a view to putting the UK scene back on its feet.
The problem we face isn't gonna be sorted out in just one meet, far from it.
This is a process we are embarking upon, and it's a process that has all the right people involved.
Never before have so many influential paintball people in the UK met up with a mind to trying to put us on the right road, that in itself is encouraging.

The industry is comprehensively represented with all the big hitters in attendance, the leagues are well represented with Syd and Wendy and we have a proxy appearance from Steve Bull who although on holiday, gave me and Ledz a run down on what he thinks.

I think any meeting that has people like Ledz (Planet), Ellcie (Dye), Kee, Webby (SP), Piper (kingman), Barry Fuggle (Millennium), Jim Frensham (Warped), Spike (Draxxus), Gill (Just Paintball), Matt Green and a whole host more sends out a signal to UK ball that there is now a serious initiative to try and put things right.

We are gonna need expertise, experience, brains, money, compromise and comonsense...and we have those in abundance attending this meeting.

I'm attending because there is an apparent need for 'eye candy' (this mob ain't really been blessed in the 'good looks' department) and also to prevent any arguments from escalating :)

If this meeting doesn't become the genesis of our sport's revival in the UK then we are well and truly fcukaroonied.

Cross your fingers guys.

foster90

No Sacrifice, No Victory
Jun 3, 2008
Manchester
This is probably the best thing i've herd all frikin year!! i've been trying myself to introduce more people to the sport and have many different people become very interested and even try it out. i've also been workin besides kitty and others who represent the uni/college paintball cup and league and had posters and info packs givin to groups at colleges and uni's but in all realised that it's a very hard job to do yet still i try.

But having all the top dogs of the sport in the uk in one room sharing there thought and ideas is just mind blowin i honestly thought this would never have happened. The grin on my face is really hurting my jaw :D

I really hope the paintball experts can come up with something to safe us all they are the best in the business if they can't do it who the hell can??:confused:

Foster

richardmawer

Playing since 1986 - Still shooting fools
May 15, 2003
Lincolnshire
digitalmediaedge.co.uk
At last - some unity !!!!

Hey Pete,

This is what the U.K has needed for so long - surely it is in everyone's interest to have a unified scene with one or at the most two well run series for all teams to focus on. I think a Northern Series and Southern Series running through the year - with a showcase national final or weekend in the summer would be ideal - 6 / 7 Legs through the year.

This would be something PLanet, Dye , Warped etc could really get behind and promote - as opposed to sponsorship for events being watered down - at least until the economy recovers.

Hope this is what is on everyones agenda's.

Rich

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
We are gonna need expertise, experience, brains, money, compromise and comonsense...and we have those in abundance attending this meeting.
Cross your fingers guys.
You have all the right kind of people there but the question is that will everyone "compromise" for the sake of the sport?

Up until now, i get the impression that there were a lot of people that thought "why should I, if it's going to effect my income!, but i guess with the impending end of the world, people are now going to be forced to work together to make something "slightly" sustainable.

Will we now see a UK governing body formed Pete?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Just got back in after a 5 hour meeting with all the others, I think we covered what needed to be covered and I'll be coming out with a statement soon re how it all went and what we intend to do.

We had all areas of our sport represented today by most of the top people in UK paintball.
Suffice to say, these people put a lot of time and effort in today and I'm confident we can generate enough initial momentum to carry us through the critical first phase where most other initiatives generally tend to fail.
To kick start this initiative we needed to formalise ourselves and provide an administrative structure for what we intend to do and to that end, we voted in a chairman, board members and associate members, each of whom was given a responsibility.
These responsibilities were not cast in stone and can be changed if there is a need at a later date.

It was obvious to me at this meeting that the people in attendance had a genuine wish to see the UK paintball scene back on its feet and all were willing to commit to the cause, even though in some cases, that commitment would undoubtedly result in a fair degree of compromise somewhere down the line for them.

I wanna thank Jim Frensham for sorting out the venue for today and for all his help and everybody else there for putting their time and effort in.

I'll get back to you guys soon to outline what was discussed and what we have in mind because we are gonna need everyone's support if we are gonna make a success of this.

..........There's a light at the end of the tunnel ....