Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Uk Paintball Confused!!!

Panthro

LEGO 4 Life
Dec 30, 2005
Bristol
Not sure if this should be a new thread or a post within one? but its my decision and i'll live with it. After reading the thread started by robbo on the state of uk ballin I need help, and so have turned to these boards as there seems to be a lot of people here within the industry that could point me in the right direction. We want to start playing tournament ball but have no idea how to go about it. The thing is that we cant seem to find anywhere to train (that aint gonna cost a fortune) and the step into tournaments itself doesnt seem to be well documented, you all just seem to be there, whether millenium, pa or nppl but our level aint that high, and there isnt anything like the northern quater around here (if there is and i have ofended anyone sorry! but i can't find ya). I mean even nexus had to start somewhere. But how? i dont know. Any advice would be appreciated.

Syltiz

Chaos, panic and disorder
Jun 11, 2004
Surrey
Visit site
Your best bet would be to hook up with an existing team in your area who will let you train with them and show you how things work. It's easier to learn from others than do it all on your own.

I think it's Durham Dragons in your area otherwise search the boards for a mention of areas around you and pm those people about hooking up with them.

robtattoo

Dunballin
Feb 13, 2003
Paintball's retirement community
Point Blank in Darlington often have training days, run by DV8 (?)
Give the site a bell and speak to Dave, he'll help you along. You should get the opportunity to train alongside whoever's there & they'll gladly give you help & advice mate.

fred1

***fessional Heckler
Sep 25, 2003
GVA Massive
www.rodeurs.ch
If you want to practice you don't really need to spend lots of money. You can already make sure you get the right muscle structure and muscle memory.

Find two trees and practice snapshooting with your mates. Make sure you do the one ball check in drill cause that is what will work your muscles best (check Dynasty Dysected). Before you start though make sure you get someone good to show you how its done. You can always check the reball website. I think they have some videos on there where you can see some Joy players running some drills. Copy there snapshoot and practice the movement. That should already give you the right muscle structure and muscle memory. Remember that you have to be really snappy. As if you had drank too many red bulls. A common mistake from new ballers is that they are too apathetic on the field. You have to be fired up and aggressive.

Practice running and shooting. You don't even need paint in there. Just find a flat surface, preferably with grass, load your backpack, your gun with air and your hopper with paint and pretend your moving from bunker to bunker or breaking out and fan the trigger. Practice sprinting with your pack, gun and goggles on and learn to slide (on your thighs on your stomach etc...). Oh and practice sprinting.

With all of that you should already get to the field for practice with the right muscle memory and a good physical condition. It may sound stupid but its the best thing you can do if your short on cash and training infrastructure. And you will learn the basics. Most important of all is the snap shooting. Ask some of your local ballers for tips. Two videos I found very helpful were Dynasty Dysected and the videos on the reball web site. But the best of all. Try and get out to a tournament where there will be some of the big UK teams and observe the guys play.

taylorO

DV.US's #1 pot bich
Dec 23, 2005
middlesbrough
Visit site
iav found every one down point blank very nice people if you need a bit of kit some one will lend you it simple, and there are maney realey good players that will show you what you need to know. and don't worry about been the new guy because when we go out to have a little game we split up all the teams.

oh welshy do ypu know when the next training sesion is

Red

Redski
Dec 14, 2005
LDN
Hi,

I'm in pretty much the same postion as Panthro.

3 of my mates and me are in the throws of putting a team together. We're fresh out the woods and had our first Sup Air experience at Mayhem Paintball's last Walk-on day and loved it.

Need to learn the basics though, especially tactically! A few peeps on here have been really helpful with advice and have mentioned King Of The Hill.

Had a look at the web link above but can't find anything about it - anyone able to run me through the principle of it please?

Cheers guys.

Flaming Dave

Mar 26, 2002
North East UK
groups.msn.com
getting into a team

Hi mate drop me a line through baller pm and i will be happy to help you along with some of what you need to know i may be able to help otherwise give point blank a ring in the new yaer and ask for me

Dave captain DV8