Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

US/DOT-E bottles

Vegard

Dec 5, 2002
Norway
Visit site
Just wanted to make an observation here seeing as "Europe" has been used as a blanket term. Norway (for example, there are others) isn't a part of the European Union so DOT bottles are legal to use, operate and fill.

Seeing as I only wanted to add the above to a somewhat blurry definition of Europe and not to add any confusion I'll repeat that they're illegal in the UK as previously stated by other members on here.

Guerrilla air are in the process of getting the Pi cert at the moment. Well thats what they told me.Heres hoping:D
That's correct, they'll offer dual rated bottles within a few months.

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
In Poland, both types of certification are accepted...by the paintball community.

The dealers sell only Pi certified tanks, the law states only Pi certified tanks are allowed to be in use...

The paintballers' community doesn't give a damn though, we're trying to combat the use of tanks that don't have ANY valid certification.

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
hello mods

sorry to bring this up as i know its a well stated fact that Dot-e bottles cannot be used in the europe but over the last couple of weeks ive been asked to fill 2 such bottles at a regular torney/training i attend these arnt brought by vetarens of the game but rather newbies looking for a good deal by buying from the states and PBnation in particular.

my problem:

why are US ballers selling package deals (in this case) to uk residents knowing full well the bottles cant be used, and in effect taking advantage of new players lack of knowledge in order to make a quick buck. Before you say it yes he should have checked out the rules, but hes very new and very young and half of the burden of responisiblity also lies with the seller.

my solution:

im asking you mods to ban all sales of dot-e specification bottles to the uk ( im aware this happens very rarely due to this being predominatly uk based forum(and most people having more sense)).
i would also like to ask for any help PGI can give into pressuring PBnation to adhere to this in order to cut down rates of youngsters being taken advantage of. if this is to much dont worry as i will be taking ths matter up with PBnation mods on the morrow as i have seller and buyer details of this transaction. i may also take this up with ebay depending on the sucess of PBnation.:rolleyes:

im just getting sick of telling kids that what they have just spent nearly 100 quid on is of no good.
cheers
sam

I work at National Paintball Fields in the midlands, and in the past month, over 15 DOT bottles have been brought in, wanting a fill, most were Air, but the rest CO2, i always presume people buy them on ebay, but i was shocked to find about half a dozen were bought from JUST Paintball...

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
...i was shocked to find about half a dozen were bought from JUST Paintball...
That is pretty inexusable if it's true...it would be cruel, seeing as they've been a shop for a loooong time and they know (or should know by now!) that you can't use them in the UK.

Edit: I emailled JUST and got a reply straight away:
Hi Rosie,

No. The DOT tanks are not allowed to be used or sold in the UK. You need a PI marked bottle for use in the UK. Dot bottles are normally only used in the US.

Gill
Gurkha, maybe they were mistaken, Gill says no they don't.

Just Gill

Platinum Member
dot tanks

We don't sell DOT bottles - our bottles are PI marked. If anyone has purchased a bottle from us and thinks it is DOT marked then I can only urge them to get in touch with us straight away.

There is one online company in the UK that are openly advertising that their "marker packages contain dot bottles" because they are purchasing these from the US, presumbaly, and selling them on to unknowing consumers.

I'm not going to start a witch hunt on here but can supply business details to any industry contacts who want to be made aware.

G

Gassy

Another shop is selling out of date bottles,2 turned up at a walkon on sunday i attended both bought from the same shop and sold to the unsuspecting players as new.

TheGurkha

WeSellCookers
Mar 15, 2006
BIRMINGSPAM
www.facebook.com
That is pretty inexusable if it's true...it would be cruel, seeing as they've been a shop for a loooong time and they know (or should know by now!) that you can't use them in the UK.

Edit: I emailled JUST and got a reply straight away:

Gurkha, maybe they were mistaken, Gill says no they don't.
Iv PM'd Gill about the most recent bottle (Sunday), but the guy was a fresh outta rental's noob, so telling me it was from Just would have no benefit to him.