Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

US/DOT-E bottles

Samwell

LUUPBS
Sep 8, 2007
Darlington
hello mods

sorry to bring this up as i know its a well stated fact that Dot-e bottles cannot be used in the europe but over the last couple of weeks ive been asked to fill 2 such bottles at a regular torney/training i attend these arnt brought by vetarens of the game but rather newbies looking for a good deal by buying from the states and PBnation in particular.

my problem:

why are US ballers selling package deals (in this case) to uk residents knowing full well the bottles cant be used, and in effect taking advantage of new players lack of knowledge in order to make a quick buck. Before you say it yes he should have checked out the rules, but hes very new and very young and half of the burden of responisiblity also lies with the seller.

my solution:

im asking you mods to ban all sales of dot-e specification bottles to the uk ( im aware this happens very rarely due to this being predominatly uk based forum(and most people having more sense)).
i would also like to ask for any help PGI can give into pressuring PBnation to adhere to this in order to cut down rates of youngsters being taken advantage of. if this is to much dont worry as i will be taking ths matter up with PBnation mods on the morrow as i have seller and buyer details of this transaction. i may also take this up with ebay depending on the sucess of PBnation.:rolleyes:

im just getting sick of telling kids that what they have just spent nearly 100 quid on is of no good.
cheers
sam

Samwell

LUUPBS
Sep 8, 2007
Darlington
well hopefully they do tho i dont think im p to speed with all the rules

but if so second bit still stands its not fair naieve kids get taken advantage of
sam

Fish

CF6
May 15, 2006
Central London
So long as it is obviously marked that such bottles cannot be used within Europe then there should be no problem.

If the seller has done all they can to make the buyer aware, then it is down to the buyer where/what they use an item for, whether illegally or not.

Blanket banning is not the way forward unless it becomes an excessive problem...

Mudafunka

Apr 26, 2008
South Wales
I made said mistake when buying a marker from the U.S. I wasn't made aware of the fact i couldn't use a dot tank in the UK. I now know the differences:D I'm still in posession of one of the nicest Cp peanut tanks i have seen and can't as of yet get hold of one the same size but Pi tested. Although it will never get used i just can't drill it and chuck it away:(

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
I made said mistake when buying a marker from the U.S. I wasn't made aware of the fact i couldn't use a dot tank in the UK. I now know the differences:D I'm still in posession of one of the nicest Cp peanut tanks i have seen and can't as of yet get hold of one the same size but Pi tested. Although it will never get used i just can't drill it and chuck it away:(
take the reg off and sell it on here, you'll get about 40quid or so which is just shy of $80 gotta be just under half what you paid for the airsystem.

...at least that way you'd recoop som of the costs of your mistake

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
The vast majority of US players have no idea that DOT bottles can't be used in Europe so it's entirely possible that your mate was sold the tank in good faith.

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
The majority of US residents DON'T have a passport so I think your asking a bit much that they would adhere to rules that they have no care for.

Having said that we always make sure NO DOT are advertised on the site, I am sure we may miss the odd one we are human, well the rest are but Buddha is a whole different kettle of fish, so rest assured we are on top of it.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
And if the kid had supported the UK industry in the first place, he may have paid a few quid extra, but would have saved in the long run.