Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Walk On Days - London

Mitya

May 17, 2009
London
Hi, I'm almost completely new to paintball, I had an awesome time paintballing for a friend's birthday a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd get myself some gear together. I've got almost a full set of basic kit now, some new, some second hand off the classifieds.

What I was wondering is, as a complete newbie with no clue what I'm doing, will I be welcome to turn up and join in at any/all of the local walkons? Is there normally someone there who will show you the ropes or is it every man for himself?

My closest site is Tower Paintball which is only 10 minutes walk from me.

rush

Hooch is CRRAAAAZZZYYY!
Apr 17, 2009
Harrow London
in order to join a walkon you need your own gear. once you're there you'll find that paintballers are a friendly bunch ^^ it's never "every man for himself", i'm sure you could find somone there to give u a hand :)

Reactions: Raja

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
Hi chap i live near heathrow (harlington) If your looking for a walkon theres one in Reading on sunday. I can give you a lift if you wanted? Can pick you up from bath road or heathrow train station

All you'll need is £45 (food, drink and balls inc) and bring the kit you have (i'll borrow you what your missing inc trouses, top, marker, hopper, so on...).

It's a full day of balling (9:30-4:00)

If your intrested let me know mate.

If you need a hand with anything i'll show you how to gas up and what not to do.

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
Hi mate,

another option is Warren Wood Paintball near Potters Bar (5 mins from the M25)

http://www.warrenwoodpaintball.co.uk/

usually last sunday of the month, £20 green fee, £25 box of paint and you can hire all the gear for a fiver. Then you can have a look at all the various markers people have before you buy one for yourself.

I'll post up on here when the next one is on.

Mitya

May 17, 2009
London
Thanks for the replies guys. I've actually got a myself an Proto SLG UL marker already, it was on offer and I couldn't resist! - just need somewhere to try it out now...

Hi chap i live near heathrow (harlington) If your looking for a walkon theres one in Reading on sunday. I can give you a lift if you wanted? Can pick you up from bath road or heathrow train station
Thanks very much for the offer, sounds great! but unfortunately I am busy down in Portsmouth this Sunday :(

I'd definately be up for it another day though if the offer stands open. Obviously if you're giving a lift I'm more than happy to chip in for petrol etc

I'll look in to Warren Wood too, looks pretty good from the website as long as I can get there.

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
No probs chap i only go paintballing once a month atm as i'm saving to get married. The norm place i got to is the first sunday of the month so if your up for next month i'm willing to give you a lift.

Don't matter about petrol chap as i'm going anyway plus it's only a fiesta so it runs on fresh air :D

Mitya

May 17, 2009
London
Where do you live in Lahndan? I'm in Bethnal Green.
I live by London Bridge/Borough, so not a million miles away! If Warren Wood plan a day on 28th June I'll probably be up for that. Currently looking at doing the 14th June walk on at Campaign and/or 30th June at Tower.

Obladeo, congratulations on getting engaged! My brother and my housemate are both getting married in August so it feels like I'm in the middle of an epidemic. Annoyingly I'm busy first Sunday in July as well, believe it or not my mother is being ordained, but I'll be keeping an eye out for free Sundays in the future!

alex-nash

Jun 2, 2009
Surrey
Does Warren Wood Lend out equipment on scenario games? also when are there walkons and does the price include 2000 paintballs?

Thanks
Alex