Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what after an ion?

joeyarmstrong

http://pages.***digy.net/
Apr 21, 2003
birmingham
p8ntonline.co.uk
just woundering what the other alternatives are to an ion.
need something in more or less the same price range, would like to buy new.
must have eyes and ramping.

and please no sp/ion disrespecting, if you have nothing usefull or constructive to say then dont say it!

thanks.

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
some ppl might disagree but what about the new spyder elektra with the rocking trigger its so sick 2 use and stock barrel rocks the kas bar

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
There is nothing else that matches up in the same price range. Thats why theyre so popular among all levels of play.

The closest I would say is the new Defiant or the Promaster.

Why are you moving from an Ion? Coz of the bad experience ive heard you've had with yours?

speedbird_666

Old Skool Is Cool....
Feb 1, 2003
Bournemouth.
Don't bother with a Defiant2, i've had one,and they have their problems and to be honest the Promaster offers very similar spec for a hell of lot less cash.

My Promaster should be arriving very soon, and from everything i've heard they are very good.

Don't touch Wraths, they've sorted the problems with them apparently, but they are still not great.

:)

aran

Enter the Dragon
Aug 15, 2005
London
Visit site
Originally posted by Graeme
the wrath, not sure if it has ramping soft wear
pro master o5, a bit more expensive
nah it aint got ramping its just got semi and full auto.
but i would say the spider elektra, its got some decent modes on and read some decent info in the PGI mag, pretty sweet. An angel a4 went in the ion price the other week, £140.00 it was.

Aran

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
To be honest, not much touches the ion in its price range (new anyway..)

the diablo wrath seems to be its closest competitor, although it doesnt ramp..

The eyes in the ion are probably its best feature as there great, i have to be honest...

i also had MANY bad experiences with Ions..

mine has caused me nothing but trouble..
But to be fair, when they work, they work well..
Despite my troubles. although you need to spend about £100 on them to eliminate the stock design flaws/faults they are rockin guns..

Personally, in your shoes i would look at the second hand market as i wouldnt buy another ion as there just too much trouble..
like any marker, you get what you pay for, for all thatperformence you get for less than £190, the ion has to give somewhere, quality and reliability is where SP made there compromises..

to be honest, i realy cant decide wheather i love them.. or hate them..

but i still use em religously.. (go figure...)

They are, without a doubt, the marmite of markers

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
2 things you'll do here.....

spend a heap of cash or get a s**t gun, ion's although i admitt im not a fan of have created their own bracket of being on the fence of Cheap starter marker - true tournament marker

Unless your ready to play with big boys toys - i'd keep your ion as it punches well above its weight

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
ok just got back from night on the piss with few fella's i paintball with he just bought n elektra partailly because i persuaded him to do it as i want a go but no cash, so i thought hey yeah il have a go....1 word, awesome