Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

what FPS

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
I'd set it at 280 and keep it as close to as possible. This allows for variations in the reg and the occasional spike. Keep your the tip top and you should easily achieve 5 fps either way max. If your at a tournament that says 280 max set it at 270 again for above reasons. Hope it helps.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
to summarise it for you:

300 is the maximum for everywhere
different sites apply their own policy, which usually ranges 260-300 but is at their discretion
it is highly recommended that whatever site/regulation you are playing, set your gun a little below the maximum allowed as a gun is usually considered to be 'shooting hot' if 1 shot is over the limit by 1fps (this can mean some seriously un-fun penalties when playing competitive events).

hope this all helps :)

estwing

Hedgehoppers Anonymous
Feb 3, 2007
Cheadle
my ions 280, eteks 270 once got shot on a pod which blue apart by someone with ahot a5 not funny, could of been my mask. ask yourself this would you rarther be hit by a 297 gun or a 270 marker.....so set it lower!

uk2008

May 25, 2010
Evenwood
as most people say in here set it to aroun 285 - 290 purley because of incosistancy in paint and your reg.... iv never seen anybody run at 300 purly because iv never seen it go over a crono at 300 300 300 300 300 ect ect

thats only if your feild allows that if not go 5 - 10 fps under because 260 is quite low and i know slgs start to struggle around that fps i think

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
There is a tournament limit of no greater than 300fps, some events elect to embrace a lower limit of 280 but there are no hard and fast rules as to what it should be but just as long as 300fps is the maximum.

As far as how close you wanna push the limit ?
It really depends upon several things, if you are playing a tournament then it's within your interests to push it as close to the top limit as is possible ... if you have good paint and a good marker, then you can nudge it toward 290 which is what the pros will try to do .. they generally shoot the best paint and the best gats and so they will tend to push higher.

As for scenario and walk-ons etc?
You don't need to chance yer arm and 285 is about right I think as long as the limit is 300.

It's all about safety first hence the top limit of 300, and risk of penalty second .. get the balance right and you shoot your optimum game, get it wrong, and you let your teammates down and can lose an event because of it ...
Your call ..... but it's you who will go from a hero to a zero in the blink of an eye, or in this case, the blip of a chrono ....

mark250

Oct 22, 2010
thanks for all the replys guys.
I would never set it at the max,
I always stay safe with my air rifle it is a £1700 rifle with top class parts and it is only consistant to 6 or 7 fps