Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What guns are you rec ballers using?

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I strongly recommend getting to a walkon and asking a few people to try their markers out. Buy the one that feels most comfortable, as most guns perform the same these days.

PM me if you need any info :)

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
If you can stretch the budget a bit a fiber wrap bottle is a better buy. Much lighter than a steel tank, which can upset's the balance of lighter guns. You also get a better shot count than 0.8L bottles if you go for a 68ci (1.1L tank), but you need to check sites you'll play on can do air fills.

Skeet

Platinum Member
I would like a marker, bottle with 2000 good velocity shots and big hopper for £150 max really. Second hand preferred if I can get a much better set up;)

I like the look of the tournament markers as opposed to the m16 style things.

Highly unlikely to get that amount of shots from a full tank, even from a high end electro I'm afraid.

If you are running CO2 (YUCK!), then expect around 6-800 shots from a 20oz tank.
A well tuned Ego should return 1600 shots from a full 1.1 4500psi Air tank.

An Ion (which is what the SP1 is based around) will do very nicely for you. Easy to repair, cheap to buy, even new.

Check the classifieds for prices.

B@llistic

Jul 13, 2008
London
Hi AJA,

CO2 was mentioned earlier. Bear in mind that not all guns are suitable for CO2 and as you will be refilling at the sites which hold the walk-ons, check out whether they offer CO2 or HP air.
I'm a newb and have been to 7 sites, 5 were HPA only.

Samwell

LUUPBS
Sep 8, 2007
Darlington
ive got an tippman x7 with a few ups you can have for 160 plus post

slap a 20oz co2 on it for 20 quid and bobs your uncle

Rick O Shay

Sep 15, 2008
I agree with BOLTER and JON OWEN.
You can use any marker you feel comfortable with, not just because its deemed for REC BALL.
When i started playing rec ball again after a lengthy time away from paintball, i choose, due to its easy and low maintenance, a TIPPMANN A-5 with 14" DYE U/L barrel, that was in april 2003 and its still going well. In actual fact 1 of my mates used it yesterday as his marker had an air leak. Now i use a SMART PARTS EOS with 14" UN1TEC barrel on air.
Just ask your fellow players for a shot of their marker. Most of them will let you have a shot.

JamesJDdavis

Jul 12, 2008
try everything you can lay your hands on, for a little more dosh I highly recommend an Invert Mini, great marker, and very very light as well.