what happened at elsham at the weekend

angel

welcome to the party
Jul 8, 2001
york
does any one know what happened at elsham at the weekend ,
how did the all singing and dancing new format go down,
its been very quiet about it, any one know if it even went ahead,
last time i checked teams were dropping out left right and in the middle.
cheer angel:D

robtattoo

Dunballin
Feb 13, 2003
Paintball's retirement community
Yep, the event went ahead. Unfortunately only 9 teams took part, but so far the feedback to the organisers has been excellent. There were a few constructive criticisms made by players (ie the marshalling system & the points breakdown) & these will be adopted for next year's series. As far as I'm aware, Bully will be running an NMC event at each of the 2K6 legs.

We got over 2hrs of really good video footage which is in the process of being edited before being sent out to TV companies & event promotors/sponsors accross the UK. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get hold of some copies of the DVD for the shop, once they're completed. I'll post back here as soon as I know more on that one.

The beauty of the event was that individual point scoring was possible, creating an individual scoreboard as well as a team board, thereby creating a very accurate way of seeding teams for future division splits. Just as an aside, Al France, from Phoenix, turned out to be the highest scoring player of the day.

Another one-off event will be scheduled for the new year, hopefully with a better turnout and we'll be able to get more feedback from a few more players.

Trems

knee is broken again :[
Dec 3, 2004
West Mids
It was f*cking awesome, definately got a future in the tourney scene, and if it looks as good on camera as it played i'm sure we'll be seeing on th TV soon.

Nice one chaps, look forward to the next one...

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
Originally posted by sumo89
it was a tad cold, but it only rained very little, so litle you couldnt even feel it.

very good day indeed.
Thats like paradise to what the regular Elsham lot are used to..

A touch cold but being realistic, what are we expecting at the end of November :)

The format plays exceedingly well, incredibly fast and its forces you to think on your feet.. the turn around is somewhat too quick but i put that down to a low turnout (believe, you missed out)

The concept is like nothing ive played before, its highly enjoyable and ill put money on it bettering anybodies game-play... fat cu*ts that sit on back line laning your in for a rude awakening... you also get to laugh at a big fat, ginger bearded plonker freezing his bollocks off on a cherry picker ;)

Not a single complaint, and i will certainly be inversting my money into it next season.

Although i would like to add, to bring the fullest out of the event, i would recomend it bein played indoors

andyp1

Jan 27, 2005
Leeds
Visit site
the main draw back to this event was the highly anti-social nature of it.

it was ok, but not brilliant, there is no interaction, and you may as well not be in a team to be honest

G

Gassy

The weekend was a great event,i took 2 players who had never played supair,yet alone tourny paintball and we still manage 5th(if there hadn,t been a scoring mistake).

this event had its small hickups but for the 1st time it has been run properly i thought it was very good,fast paced and needing all the skills required in paintball.

All the feedback from the players has been taken onboard as adjustments to reffing and scoring have already been made so lets hope more turn out for the next one and really gets this series off the ground.

Trems

knee is broken again :[
Dec 3, 2004
West Mids
Originally posted by andyp1
the main draw back to this event was the highly anti-social nature of it.

it was ok, but not brilliant, there is no interaction, and you may as well not be in a team to be honest
I beg to differ mate, i spoke to more people than ever due to everyone being centered around one field, granted there isnt as much team communication but when you get into the tactics of the game (these became more apparent as the day progressed) there was more need for team communication. But on the whole people were tending to stand together rather than just staying with thier respective teams...

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Comments

There is still room for improvement is several areas and we will take all comments on board and modify the format where necessary.

If we had had 12+ teams the turn round would have been slower (longer gap between games so more time to watch and chill) and you would have got more games. On the day the Elsham weather was kind to us - No snow or rain just cold - teams we spoke to wanted the faster turnround so they could get home and it worked - this showing we can get more games in the alloted time.

The marshalling issue has been addressed for the next event and there will be an ongoing scoreboard.

There will be another event possibly at the end of January - it would be nice indoors in a heated building - sorry started to dream again.:cool:

Cheers

Steve

I did notice when we played the 3 man event in the afternoon that the teams moved around the field a lot more than in a normal game, so maybe the morining session increased players confidence to move under fire.;)