Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What hopper and Air system shall I get?

Miles

Mar 14, 2009
Birmingham
Hey guys not entirely sure what hopper I should get?

I have just bought a DM6. Not sure what hopper to get to go with it? Not sure about the air systems? How do I know what one I need for my DM6 because this psi business is confusing me! :p

Miles

gasy2you

Feb 24, 2009
a rotor is a type of loader/hopper.

and a hopper/loader is something that feeds the balls to the marker..

smelly_bandit

Mar 13, 2009
if you got a dm6 your gonna need a fast hopper to keep up once you start to get good at walking it.

a loader is just a generic name for a hopper, and a "rotor" is just what Dye markets their newest loader/hopper as.

i have just upgraded to a rotor but have yet to use it in a game so i cant comment on its performance, but the reasons i went for the rotor over the halo or velocity's are A> they have finally made a hopper look cool and B> i saw a vid on youtube where the dye rep did everything he could to trash the rotor,he threw it around, he submerged completely in water and it still worked underwater, the electronics were not affected at all.

it may just have been a gimmick but it worked on me :rolleyes: what can i say.

of course there are other less expensive hoppers out there that will do just as good a job, it all depends on your personal taste and budget, rotors are near the top of the price list afterall.

as for air tanks, obviously you wont go for Co2, so again it just depends on your budget i suppose,there are a number of different retailers in the u.k that sell tanks or you could even look on the classifieds section on here.

the different psi/cu just represents the capacity of the tank and how much air it can hold,alot of fields only fill to 3000 so anything bigger may be a waste unless you play a big scenario game.

look on youtube under "TechPb" vids,Mike Phillips the guy who created it does alot of videos explaining all the ins and outs of hoppers and tanks and masks etc etc especially for beginners

good luck

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
You have two options, concerning air.

One being a 0.7l 3000psi steely tank, which you can get new for around £60

The other being a 1.1l 4500 fibre wrap tank, which you can get new for around £130-£160

The difference between the two being that the fibrewrap is much lighter, and holds more air(meaning more shots from one fill). Steel tanks are quite heavy, and you generally only get around 500 shots from one 3000psi fill. They're good for beginners on a budget, but a fibrewrap is always reccomended.

;)

With your marker, never go for CO2. It will kill it.

For a well priced hopper that can keep up with a DM6, go for something like a Halo or a Empire Reloader B. Both good hoppers that you can probably get for around £40 second hand or on offer somewhere.

And as bandit reccomended, check out paintballtechpb's videos on youtube. Lots of top notch beginner advice. I always watch 'em.

Hope this helped a bit. Any questions just ask, we're a helpful bunch here.
:D

aaronxl

C.P.C Militia
May 31, 2007
kent
both of those loaders will keep up with your dm6, of course the magna is the new of the two and so I holds more balls and the magnetic lid makes reloading quicker

I still have a reloader B and it serves me just fine on my ego7

Miles

Mar 14, 2009
Birmingham
both of those loaders will keep up with your dm6, of course the magna is the new of the two and so I holds more balls and the magnetic lid makes reloading quicker

I still have a reloader B and it serves me just fine on my ego7
I thought the Empire reloader B, diamond black shells. was betteR? cus it had the controls thing on the back?

smelly_bandit

Mar 13, 2009
yeah mate

that will more than cope, remember alot of fields have a cap on rates of fire,so even though a hopper may be capable of 20+ bps the legal limit is well below that, most high end hoppers nowadays are built to keep pace.

if that's what your going for then it should be fine, juts remember those are sound activated, so every time you fire, the sound causes it to feed a ball in.