Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What next?

Nov 29, 2007
Northampton, UK
I have been a rec-player for the past 10 years (a little tournament play, but not much to note) and want to step up my play ... both in the fact that I want to play more frequently than I am at present and also to push myself more with skill, fitness and difficulty.

First step as I see will be to get myself some kit up an running ... I have a marker, though as a second hand job, not sure what it is nor what the value would be in getting it running.

Perhaps someone could advise as to what I am holding and it's worth in getting running... in fact, it did work and probably still does (with a service), just that I haven't had the opportunity to run it.

I have uploaded a images of the marker as follows:

http://www.fullingdale.com/images/Paintball1.jpg
http://www.fullingdale.com/images/Paintball2.jpg
http://www.fullingdale.com/images/Paintball3.jpg

On the marker is says "68 Automag A.I.R Valve (Advanced Integrated Regulator)" and "3000psi CE3140". The silver hand-grip says "VL" and the main grip (where you're palm would be) says "AGD". The adapteer to the gas says "DayState - England Regulator - AirStream SWP 3000PSI - S.No R429". The bottle has 300Bar stamped on it and the valve has 250BAR stamped.

I am aware that this has been customised, but unsure to what extent.

Any advice welcomed.

Sean

paintball-lizard

Automag yeah baby yeah!
Oct 7, 2005
Kilsyth
Its a classic automag they are 1 of the best markers ever made.All it probably needs is a service and a few drops of oil and you are good to go.Fat bobs do the service kits for the automag.

David

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
The first issue is the trigger guard or lack of it.
Most if not all tournaments will not allow you to use it with that mod,if you can find spares good luck,chances are by the time you've got it sorted it would prolly benefit you to buy a more upto date marker Ion(£100),Ego(£200),Angel(£150) excellent 2nd hand market prices at the moment.
They were fantastic in their day,I've shot a few and been shot by a few many years ago....:rolleyes:

Nov 29, 2007
Northampton, UK
From what you guys have said (thank you for your replies) it seems like it would make sense to do both, sort the automag (as a spare/rec-ball) and get something a little more up to date as well. Parting with around £200 (after Christmas, lol) isn't going to kill me.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
The Automag is still a very popular rec-gun in the states, and in it's latest form TAC1 (fully dressed) used by many scenario players. Most parts can be sourced & imported from the USA if you have difficulty here, and the Automag forum http://www.automags.org/ is a great place to pick up info.

e-whore

clean, play on!!!!
Jan 4, 2006
Manchester
fade2gray.com
We play at the northern quarter and we play with cockers. And one thing we have learnt is......it's the player be hind the gun not what gun your shooting.....we have max'd teams shooting ego's and had our arse handed to us on a plate by guys shooting ion's!!!!

I’d say play sup’ air / tourney ball with it get used to the "new style" of game then find something that suits you. Eclipse do the etek which is a v v good gun at a good price and i would say a simple gun to maintain.

That’s just my thoughts dude :) either way keep playing ;)

Luke W

The Firm
Oct 7, 2006
Salford
We play at the northern quarter and we play with cockers. And one thing we have learnt is......it's the player be hind the gun not what gun your shooting.....we have max'd teams shooting ego's and had our arse handed to us on a plate by guys shooting ion's!!!!

I’d say play sup’ air / tourney ball with it get used to the "new style" of game then find something that suits you. Eclipse do the etek which is a v v good gun at a good price and i would say a simple gun to maintain.

That’s just my thoughts dude :) either way keep playing ;)
2 cockers and an 05, and we still went on to beat teams with shiny 07 egos and other high-end markers. :cool::)

Although, the 08's are pretty much unbeatable.;)