The Home Of European Paintball

What Reg?

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
Guys, I need a little advice.
I've bought a cocker and an air bottle (Waiting for both to arive) but as far as I know I will be missing a reg to connect the two.
The Cocker has a Black Magic reg as the foregrip (dunno if that affects what reg I should buy) and the Air bottle is a 1.1L 4500psi HSE tank.

I've been looking at the X-Stream Reg Nitro Duck 4500psi on Phoenix, to my clueless brain it seems ideal and sounds pretty cool, but will it be the best thing for me to get?

It is about £100 cheaper than the other options which gives me caus to think maybe it is only a prt of what I need? But it is about the price I want to be paying ie. <£75

Any other suggestions?

Cheers.

L J

big big titties
i think thats basically one of the only 4500 regs that cheap, and it comes very highly recommened by lots of people, although it does mean you will still need a bottom line. The black magic reg is the inline, it doesnt matter what reg u get as this takes the gas from 800psi down to like 250 psi

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Eclipse mk2 drop line would work no problem. Would maybe think about buying a drop and an on/off asa though rather than one of those :)

Dave

The x-stream isnt an on off reg!

It is adjustable but is just a screw in pin valve! No need to turn it off just unscrew the reg and the bottle!

If you havent got one already you will need a bottom line to screw the x stream in!

They are very good for the money, i am running my cocker on one because my max flow is low pressure:(

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Originally posted by cockersrule
im pretty sure the x stream IS an on/off:confused:
planet drop line is perfect for the job basically, just need some macro line and 2 elbows and its totally connected
Nah the x-stream is a screw in pin valve air system, therefore it fdon't have any built in on/off facility :)

The eclipse drop line will allow you to screw the system in and air the marker up, but the only way to gas it off would be to either unscrew it or add an inline on/off tap. If you bought a drop forward and something like a 32 degrees on off asa you can just turn the on/off asa part and you degas the marker :)

Dave

ThunderCat

Stormin'
May 28, 2003
Nottingham
www.lincolnstorm.co.uk
It doesn't mention being an on/off in the description.
Its got:
Live Adjustment - down adjustment bleed off
Down Stream Bleed - Protects down line marker

Would I still want an on/off or do those features make it unnecessary?