Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What should I expect in a real tournament

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Just remember, at this stage, you are learning learning learning. You will lose many many games, but instead of thinking about it like you are letting people down, think of a loss as something to learn from. Basically, if you lose a game, you made an error somewhere along the line. Figure out what, and dont let it happen again. Some games you'll know what you did wrong, some games, you will have to have a chat with the team and get a fuller picture. BUT, there is always a mistake you can learn from.

My first ever Millennium event, we, as a new novice team, got drawn in a pool of teams, mostly novice, a couple of Amateur teams ....... and Avalanche. Rocky, Weasel, Poorman, Lasagne etc. Now that was an eye opener, and I was flipping nervous before hand. But I enjoyed every second of my beating, and it made me want to be better. Nerves are good, they sharpen you up.

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
It has been a while since I played in a tournament. Just go there to have fun and to learn. Walk the field before hand so you know the layout. The last tourney I played, we were getting hammered all day. I think it was 5v5 games and I was the last man on the team and a back player. I saw 3 of the opposing team coming down the field; one down the left, one down the right and one down the center. I was in the center back position and some how took them all out.
Have you ever seen a 25st (at the time!!!) guy run down the field, get the flag and run back? I thought I was gonna die. The crowd went nuts and that game is still talked about today! Heck, that was 6-7 years ago!

Man i'd love to try it again now...

Reactions: Pandamonium

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
I am on te uni 2nd team and none of us have played one before... Lol. The 1st team will be there but we might not be in the same staging area. In hoping nothing major comes up and ruins it.
When you come to the first event with us you will be in the same staging area and we will be looking after you, walking the field together and we will be watching all of your games. Then when you come off we will go through what went well and what didn't and how you can improve it. We aren't going to take you there and go get on with it pal we have our own games it deal with.

Reactions: Pandamonium

MorphMann

Fb UK Big Games
Jun 5, 2012
Kettering, Northants
Mate you are in Uni so you know what it's like coming up to exams. All the cramming and stress etc.

This is not an exam though bud!!!!

You need to do 1 thing more than anything else in my opinion.

RELAX AND HAVE FUN........

I know it's easier said than done, and you want to do your best. But by worrying you will just worry yourself into problems.

No matter what we all say, the most important thing is to have fun..........................

baudsenseless

PMGWC #3
May 27, 2010
If you get hit within 30 seconds - Its likely not to be your inexperience, but a lucky shot!
You won't be the first that it happens to, nor the last. and it has happened to amateurs and pro's alike!

Reactions: P8ballfreak666

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
If you get hit within 30 seconds - Its likely not to be your inexperience, but a lucky shot!
You won't be the first that it happens to, nor the last. and it has happened to amateurs and pro's alike!
Its not just one off, you WILL be shot off the break a lot over your paintball career. while some good game plans and off the break shooting can help combat it, if people have their lanes well practiced even the nippiest of front players will find themselves being shot OTB.
There's only one thing you should get annoyed at yourself for in a game for and that is getting shot out of your bunker. stay in as close and low profile as possible because there is no point pulling off a sweet ass move right up to the middle of the field to then get shot because you done the chicken wing and left your arm hanging out for the world to see!

Reactions: ashleyb