Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What you Expect in a Tournament

W

webby

As some of you know we are holding a Tournament on the 26th Oct and we will also be holding tournaments at our new Staduim Venue in 2004 with large Cash prizes And league.

What we would like is what you expect in a tournament.

we now the usual, good marshalls, toilets, good fields, but what else do you the players want.

post it here

evil sharks matt

JUST DO IT _/
Jan 6, 2003
X
One thing which was cool at the phoenix cup was the PA system starting all the games at the same time, ran like clockwork all day

grandad

STORM U.K
Jun 16, 2003
milton keynes.uk
Visit site
just a thought .
if you ran your tournys like the midland masters run theirs,with maybe the addition of all games starting at the same time ,and enough marshalls for each field,then i am sure you would have a winning formular.
good luck and i hope it runs well for you.
i will have a word with the storm rookie team and see if we can come play with ya .

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Quality food
Quality Reffing
PA system- used to say who is playing where rather than just to hurry teams along
Trade Stands (assd to the atmosphere)
Maybe a 1 on 1 competition ? 1 minute games etc.....just for fun

Grandad, its not possible to start all the games at the same time, as they may run for 10 mio utes or 30 seconds, why waste time waiting for another field to finish when the next teams are ready?

sam:)

xBOOMERx

Aug 19, 2002
harrogate
Visit site
as others have already said.

a PA system that starts the games at the same time. this was a big winner at phenoix cup. not only did it let the teams know who was playing but also let the following teams know when they were going on. a superb idea that should be imitated.

chrono stations with marshalls posted to them and in turn the marshalls with every size allen wrenches. if marshalls have the keys at the chronos, that will cut down on late players and games.

hire H-pac. they are spot on at every event i have been too.

a dj at the main stage. have him spin the music all day.

if you do atleast these things and what ever anyone else post, you will have a spot on event that people will travel from far to be in.

boomer

W

webby

There will be a PA system on day and H-Pac will be doing air there will be 5 marshal's per field and two ultimate marshal's walking the rest of the fields THERE is ultimate marshal's on each Field but there will be two top marshals walking from field to field.

Each Marshall will also be issued with a radio to communicate with other marshal's on there field so when you ask for a paint check all the marshal will have to do is call the marshal up on the other side of the field without losing his voice Hopefully this will cut bad calls and help check players a lot quicker.

The ultimate Marshall on each field will be able to talk to any other field via his radio, so he will be able to check to see if any fields are running late or to push teams along.

Food we will have the usual stuff that you find at tournaments but also Chinese stirfry. How good it will be depends on who is cooking.

chrono stations with marshalls posted to them and in turn the marshalls with every size allen wrenches. if marshalls have the keys at the chronos, that will cut down on late players and games.
GOOD IDEA I WILL LOOK INTO THIS.

Any other comments

garycarrot

Apr 9, 2002
Durham, North East England
Visit site
If you are going to have a marshall on each field at a chrono, I would suggest that you check EVERY player's marker before the team enters the field. This can be done during the game before yours.
This would ensure that all teams had "safe" markers and were at the field before they were due to start. With plenty of time to adjust markers if required.

grandad

STORM U.K
Jun 16, 2003
milton keynes.uk
Visit site
agree with your comments on last post of mine ,and i must say its refreshing for someone to actually care what the players want and ask them,
i reckon you will be onto a winner with your first tourny and look forward to playing ,failing that if you need extra marshalls ill be willing to help .

W

webby

This is all mainly for our tournament next year at our new stadium venue although the tournament that we will be having in Oct will have most of these in affect.
Marshalling on day will be very strict.

We will have regular tournaments at our site but we will hold 4 to 5 at the same stadium per year.

To run a good tournament you need feedback off the people you want to attract GOOD or BAD we will take any ideas on board.

There will be at the tournament a question air that you can put any comments down good or bad and any ideas to make it better

Any comments will be looked at.

Club Members will have a say during club meetings.

ANY IDEA'S POST IT ALL HELPS.

And any bad comments posted on here about our tournaments after the date will be welcome.