Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Whats happened to the UK tourney scene?

timmyh007

I think we need a bigger boat
Aug 25, 2008
Bath
I keep reading about the decline in the UK competitive scene but can some actually explain to me what has happened, perhaps why and what the scene at its healthiest used to be like?

Been away for a a while

Cheers

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I keep reading about the decline in the UK competitive scene but can some actually explain to me what has happened, perhaps why and what the scene at its healthiest used to be like?

Been away for a a while

Cheers
There's no one answer to this, we can say however, it was a combination of inappropriate industry emphasis on faster and faster markers coupled with an inability to keep up with the cheating slags in this game, a lot of whom were ably assissted by the industry.

Our tournaments hadn't evolved in terms of facilities or financial ethos and basically, people were leaving the sport in droves because they weren't getting value for money but more importantly, weren't enjoying playing anymore.

In essence, we got exactly what we deserved and now we have to try and undo what's been done.

timmyh007

I think we need a bigger boat
Aug 25, 2008
Bath
would I be wrong to ask how many sites that offer walk on days have sup air fields. Certainly in the South West I can only think of one. Do you think the addition of an air ball field at a walk on day would introduce more players to this format therefore encouraging more to consider a competitive slant on their game. I know I definitley would. ?? Would I also be wrong to suggest that many site owners cant really be bothered with the walk on player due to financial reasons preferring guests who hire equipment, pay inflated prices and never come back?

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Would I also be wrong to suggest that many site owners cant really be bothered with the walk on player due to financial reasons preferring guests who hire equipment, pay inflated prices and never come back?
You have it part of the nail on the head there! I think this is a big part of the issues we face, and in someways I understand why the site owners don't really want walk on guys. The average guy that walks onto the site pays his money and has a great day out, goes away having spent money and hopefully with a positive attitude towards paintball. The average walk on player wants paint cheaper leaves the site in a mess moans cries and whines when things don't go their way and then wants a discount because the ref on field 4 was useless!

Ok tht maybe a little harsh of me but you get the idea.