Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which hopper on a Ego

PaulC

Mar 30, 2006
Larkfield
People,
What's the best Hopper to sick on a new Ego (about to buy a 07), is my Halo going to be man enough for the Job or should I be looking to purchase another make?

If so, what is recommended??

Paul

TheRenton

P8nt'in Yo Face Since 03
Vlocity was the lightest, and when I had that on my SL66 it weighed hardly anything, now the 07 is even less weight, and other loaders may weigh less again, but the Vlocity is still good over the reloader (due to it's higher capacity) so I think, personal opinion and all :)

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
I used a reloader b, on setting 2, on the weekend and it was great on the EGO7.

I think the velocitys are ok as they do weigh less, but the screws are of questionable quality and are subject to threading/rounding. The extra capacity only counts off the break , and the things eat batteries. plus there is no Rip drive facility. For these reasons I have stuck with my reloader b.

Halo's are OK, but they dont have adjustable speed settings out of the box. plus i dont like how they spin when you are out of paint. I used to use a halo and also had jamming issues with the stock software.

as for the pulse, it looks to be very nice. will wait and see if i can pick one up second hand sometime, as ill be loathed to pay over £100 for a loader.

PaulC

Mar 30, 2006
Larkfield
Hopper

Ok, guess I'll be okay to start with the halo.
Will look into the pulse but want to hear more about it nd how it works first. Thanks for the heads up.

Paul

The pulse is the one to go for. I have a reloader and am getting hold of the pulse in the very near future. I never thought i would need to change my poader but the Draxxus jobby is awesome. As for how it works, just give it a shake and you can hear the pixies scream. Apparently they are fed off Lasoya's dandruff.

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
Ok, guess I'll be okay to start with the halo.
Will look into the pulse but want to hear more about it nd how it works first. Thanks for the heads up.

Paul

The DXS Pulse has two modes...

1. Red Mode: Constant Feed or Pulse Mode - The motor gently pulses measuring the current on the motor to give feedback as to whether a ball is in the stack waiting to be shot. It does this constantly twitching back & forth gently tickling the paint.

2. Green Mode: This is RF Mode - the Pulse comes standard with an RF Receiver inside that allows communication with your marker. Basically we hijack the Solenoid Pulses sent from the board and wirelessly send them to the loader. As this communication takes microseconds and the mechanics of the marker are slightly slower we are already telling the loader to feed a ball before the last one has been shot. The same motor feedback is employed in this mode to ensure that a ball can actually be fed. In this mode you now have a pro-active loader - It knows you are firing and feeds whereas all other loaders are reactive and measure when a ball is not present in the feedneck or when the marker (or other loud noise) make a sound. (Marker Transmitter is an optional upgrade).

Other features of the DXS Pulse...

A: It's made of Polycarbonate - same thing as the VForce lenses are made of - this loader can also be used as a hammer (look on warpig for the video!) Other loaders can be brittle.

B: It has a reverse button to quickly un-block any foreign objects in the loader - ever had a 2pence put in your loader (or worse in Marcus's hey days)

C: The whole drive mechanism comes out in one simple action to allow easy cleaning of the loader and the drive mechanism without having to undo any screws.

If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me.

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
Notice that the head honcho from ProCaps Europe isn't denying any of the secrets I divulged. I always knew there was dark magic at work!
On whether or not the pony has dandruff I take the 5th but in a forthcoming press release I will announce that Procaps will be providing a special area of its European Trade Booth for wives and girlfriends of players to come and get hair care tips from the man himself.