Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which marker do you recommend?

VelgdranDragal

Apr 18, 2011
Ireland
www.paintballer.ie
Im just get back into paintball again after few years of rest (and airsoft, no comments pls). I wont have time to go out every day or week, but twice a month can make it. I prefer woodsball or scenario games more than speedball, Im not a fastest player anyway, but after these years I dont wanna have so heavy stuff on me, so thought to go with tourney markers. As I said no need for the high end ones, midlevel is fine for me. Got 3 "winner" but cant really choose, so here I am and asking you whats your opinion, and please no others, lets talk about these 3 only. 1, Proto Reflex Rail 2011, good price, handy for me, was satisfied after one day of tryout, easy maintanence, but heard enough problems with dms, nts. 2, Etek3 am/lt. Had no chance to try it out, but met with etek2 and ego09 they're great ones, but didnt feel so good. And the 3rd is the Vanguard Creed, also didnt tried, but great reviews on it, just bit worried about that lithium battery, if its like a phone battery...well we all know. They're more or less in a same price (not afraid to buy second hand) around my budget, so once again, which one do you recommend or would take?

Thanks,
Velgdran

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
personally, i'm a spoolie fanboi at heart so i'll take the proto reflex (which essentially is a DM without the lpr for fine tuning which translates to smoother shooting).

having said that, the etek3 is essentially a stripped down version of an ego7/8. It's an absolute workhorse of a marker and will weather all manner of beatings on-field.

speak to Mclovin101 or foot about vanguard creeds....they're like the forum gurus on creeds.

FPSJoshwaa

The Other Guy
Dec 5, 2010
Wiltshire
personally, i'm a spoolie fanboi at heart so i'll take the proto reflex (which essentially is a DM without the lpr for fine tuning which translates to smoother shooting).

having said that, the etek3 is essentially a stripped down version of an ego7/8. It's an absolute workhorse of a marker and will weather all manner of beatings on-field.

speak to Mclovin101 or foot about vanguard creeds....they're like the forum gurus on creeds.
+1:first:

Luke H

Apr 29, 2010
Wrexham
i used a creed last cpps and it was the best marker i've ever used, really light compared to my etek 2, and very light and easy to handle. And don't worry about the battery, it lasted a fulls day play from me and another team mate on 75% full.

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
i used a creed last cpps and it was the best marker i've ever used, really light compared to my etek 2, and very light and easy to handle. And don't worry about the battery, it lasted a fulls day play from me and another team mate on 75% full.
Creeds are the best :)

The batterys are fine on them i charge it the night before and it lasts all day and the next training. The best thing is they come with a quick charger or the fittings to fit in your car so if you do get stuck you can charge it inbetween games

But no really depends on the person. Would try some markers out 1st before you make a firm choice.

Get to a toury and see some in the flesh. or buy the creed i have for sale and you could have that in your hand :)

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?144788-Vanguard-Creed-NOW-ADDED-Unitec-barrel-kits-and-Single-barrels

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
It's pretty simple really, if you aren't able to get to an event to try these guns out then it might do you well to look at just how many markers are sold of each of your choices .. the first two aren't exactly cheap but they sell a shed load more than the Creed .... there has to be a reason for that with most people buying gear on the basis of value for money and trouble free usage ..... you can pretty much ignore what some people say but you can acknowledge what the majority of people purchase ... money talks I'm afraid ...

Reactions: Mclovin101

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
It's pretty simple really, if you aren't able to get to an event to try these guns out then it might do you well to look at just how many markers are sold of each of your choices .. the first two aren't exactly cheap but they sell a shed load more than the Creed .... there has to be a reason for that with most people buying gear on the basis of value for money and trouble free usage ..... you can pretty much ignore what some people say but you can acknowledge what the majority of people purchase ... money talks I'm afraid ...

That is very true

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
Try before you buy, if your buying second hand Creeds will offer the best bang for buck. If buying new Etek or reflex (if its like the pmr10) it will serve you great as both come with great customer support.

Dont be put off from the LIPOLY battery in the creed, it does last ages.

My personal choices if buying new would be

1. Etek
2. Reflex
3. Creed

Second hand

1. Creed
2. Etek
3. Reflex