Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which Marker FAQ look here!

Fleisher

Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by Munkeh
Well... accuracy also depends on the "kick" of a gun! If a gun has a big kick then firing tight grouping will be more difficult than that of a gun with a smaller kick because of the movements in the Direction of the barrel!
Good point but the effects of kick vary from person to person due to their builds/body masses/strength.
Ironically a lighter marker will kick more than a heavy one ,as heavier markers "soak" up the kick better.

Micah

Originally posted by Acidd_UK
Also not entirely true - the kick of a gun that you feel is the impulse resulting from firing. Since the impulse is effectively the change in momentum, the only change for any gun (assumung it ends up in the same state after the firing cycle) is the ball having left the barrel at 300fps. Hence the resultant force (the kick) is pretty much the same for any marker.

Tom
WHAT?!?!
Originally posted by Acidd_UK
But since it cycles back then forward very rapidly (on blowbacks and electros) the overall movement translated into the firer is low because of the negating effect of the bolt's movement cycle. Also, while the bolt does travel relatively fast in these cases, it is nothing like the 300fps of a paintball. IE say the bolt travels a total of 5cm per shot. If the marker is firing 13bps then this is only net speed of 0.65m/s, compared with the 13 balls all travelling 300m/s.

Tom
*cough* F=MA *cough*

The mass of the hammer and the bolt times their total acceleration produces a much higher Force than that of a paintball (with an almost negligable wieght) being accelerated to 300fps. I don't understand how you can even begin to try to agrug that these [the forces produced by the movement of the internals] forces is negated by the fact that it resets before the next shot is just beyond me.

A heavier gun, with lighter internals, (much like a shocker or a cocker) will be more accurate than a 'gun that is lighter cycles faster and has heavier internals (ie an angel).

There, I've said it and I feel better.

-Micah

Y2chris99

pbnation 4 lyfe
May 2, 2002
Norbook Massive
Visit site
i got to page 2 then got bored and i just wanted 2 add top range guns more shiny i saw look nicer but what bout the shinynest. u c black ugly tippmans but ow about the shinest of the eclipse guns or auoras and other top guns

Micah

No no no

Originally posted by Y2chris99
i got to page 2 then got bored and i just wanted 2 add top range guns more shiny i saw look nicer but what bout the shinynest. u c black ugly tippmans but ow about the shinest of the eclipse guns or auoras and other top guns
You have it all wrong, shiney doesnt give you range. Shiney makes it shoot faster. Geeze where have you been getting your information from. :D :D :D

-Micah

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
No no no

Originally posted by Micah
You have it all wrong, shiney doesnt give you range. Shiney makes it shoot faster. Geeze where have you been getting your information from. :D :D :D

-Micah
I thought shiney improved accuracy as well?:D

Micah

Indeed it does, but he benifits are geared more twords Fassst than accuracy. Only certain parts when shiney are REALLY more for accuracy than for speed. But 'll leave those for the common person to figure out. Can't be going around giving out trade secrets you know.

-Micah