Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which mask is better out of the following

fraaaaanka

Jan 27, 2014
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum so hello from me!!!

I am off paintballing this saturday, have been a few times before and the one thing that I hate is the masks, they always seem to be stinky from previous users and pretty much always mist up so i am considering buying a mask with a maximum budget of £30.

I have looked on ebay and seen these following masks and just wanted anyones advice as to:
Which out of the three would you recommend
Do you have any alternatives on my budget of £30 (that can be delivered by this Friday)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-High-Quality-Paintball-Airsoft-mask-1size-/181266091377?pt=UK_Protective_Equipment&hash=item2a344d0d71
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paintball-Goggle-Switch-EL-Black-Paintball-Mask-CC-1-/271177017874?pt=UK_Protective_Equipment&hash=item3f2368ea12
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIRSOFT-FULL-FACE-MASK-PROTECT-SAFETY-MASK-GOGGLES-PAINTBALL-BB-MASK-/170929192529?pt=UK_Protective_Equipment&hash=item27cc2c7e51

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
Andy

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
Proto only because it's actually designed for paintball. The last one is a cheap JT copy and will not be safe at all!

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
You would be better off ringing one of the main stores such as BZ, Lips, Just etc and see if you can get a deal to be honest. A good, proper double panes, thermal lens is really what you need

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The Sly annexe / valken annexe goggles are good value for money, and are available in a variety of colours.

In this kind of budget you will get the equivalent of site rental goggles, but new and unused with the anti fog lens still working.
The best bet is a ring around the shops and see what deal you can get rather than via eBay
There may be an option to buy from the site when you play, but ring and ask what they have & at what prices

You are too new to get classifieds access (look for the 20 post rule, but don't rush out lots of posts) but can get good prices on secondhand goggles here.
They are used but less used then site goggles. Factor in the replacement cost of the lens in case it is scratched or anti fog has been cleaned away

Reactions: Magic Rat

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Just buy an I4 from lips, about £70 but it's the best.

Standard proto ones you'll need to buy a thermal lense anyway which is like £20 and then they are still crap, they don't sit on the nose of most peoples faces correctly and ever so slightly restrict breathing. I4's FTW!

sl2ai

Team Marvel
Jul 2, 2010
Leicester

Standard proto ones you'll need to buy a thermal lense anyway which is like £20 and then they are still crap, they don't sit on the nose of most peoples faces correctly and ever so slightly restrict breathing. I4's FTW!
£70 where did you get that from?

Reactions: H and M4rkm93

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry

Yes Dye i4's are great masks, however they are not suited to everyone. What I would recommend the OP do is go to a field/store and try some on. Maybe save a little longer and get something of higher quality,try looking at the Grillz, e-flex, i4's or possibly some Pro-flex's. Goggles aren't worth scrimping out on, get something that will last, feel comfortable, not restrict your shouting capabilities and not fog.

Reactions: H