Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Who are we anyway????

Duncster

uber-spect8or!
Jul 7, 2001
Kettering
Visit site
Can Paintballers be pigeon-holed into any particular "class" of human being? (ie. Sci-Fi freak, Cyber-junkie, Metal-head, etc...)

What sort of person plays paintball? do we, as a whole, represent a broad chunk of humanity?....do older players fit more into a different category than younger players?....are we in it for the adrenaline rush, or the tactical work, or the feeling of being a part of something different, or the knowledge that our workmate's think we're rambo-wannabe freaks who are just trying to prove something?

Why do we do it?

Why do we go out into tiny arena's and shoot the crap out of eachother, knowing full well that it's gonna hurt like hell when we get our arses lit up like christmas trees when we go in to try and mug that sonofabitch in the teabag from 2 feet away with our markers running at over 12 bps???

What makes us tick??

discuss.....

d.

Jonneh

Jul 16, 2001
Birmingham, UK
www.notgoatse.cx
I play 'ball cos i played too many first person shooting games and wanted to get out of the house to do something different but familiar (what?).

How dissapointed was i when i realised I couldn't Rocket jump with a stock tippmann. :[

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
What makes me tick???

What kinda person am I???

Well I would catagorize myself as a high strung, overly stressed, aggressive and angry son of a bitch! I like the game cause it allows me to vent some of my frustrations on to you! If I get lit up, it allows the adrenaline to flow and make me even more aggressive on the field! Well on walk on days anyway! Tourneys you try to play with more of head so you don't give up points!

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Me?

Well, I'd say I personally fall into the categories of overly adventurous, competititive (at least loving to immediately have some readily visible sign of victory over someone, for which a bright splotch of paint on them does nicely for me.), a hobbiest who likes something to tweak and hot rod with (my Cocker), travel enthusiast, technical knowledge fiend, social hound, collector-- I collect jerseys, barrels, etc., all of which are various itches of mine that paintball seems to all scratch at once.

Otherwise I'd be bored, probably drunk all the time, have low self esteem, etc. when hunting and fishing seasons aren't going.

Equus

Honk! Parp! Toot!
Oct 12, 2001
London
Visit site
Why do we play p'ball?

For me its just a fun outdoors kinda sport, gives you a hell of an adrenaline boost and a supreme feel good (if somewhat bruised) feeling to. Plus for me its also another way to maim myself in the pursuit of enjoyment (last hobby/job that had the kind of rushes that this game has I ended up with a fractured skull & chipped a few cm of bone from my spine).

spyder

my name should be B2k2
Oct 15, 2001
professional
nothing.com
where else can you light up and show off to people that are twice your size and could probly beat the s**t out of you?good ol' paintball.plus it gives you one hell of an adrenaline rush.

We must be totally mad we both marshall and get really lit up when stupid enough to get caught in the cross fire.

I completely freaked out a woman at the gym once I'd marshalled two days on the trot and then played tourney. two players had been pulled for agressive play..... obviously not a pretty picture no mini skirts for me for a week or two.

I don't play much at the moment but it's fun it's addictive and once I've been hit for the first time that game thats it I want to kick some ass and not get shot again and mummble about practicing and getting better.

:D

(((The Other One)))
i got bitten buy the bug and it's venom courses through my veins now,... can't imagine life without paintball it's adictive,... i'm a Sci-Fi freak, Cyber-junkie, Metal-head, paintballing mainiac and no-one's gonna take that out of me,..