Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

World Cup 2002 on TV

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
The following was distributed by Lane Wright for the PSP (to a list of this year's participating teams--at a guess). For those who get OLN it should be interesting. I'll let y'all know.

[I am just letting you guys know that portions of the 2003 PSP World Cup have been scheduled to air on the Outdoor Life Network starting in mid December.

I received an email from the Manager of Program Planning & Scheduling with the following -

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the air dates and times for paintball:
**Please note that the premier has a chance at being preempted if the
weather in New Zealand for the Louis Vuitton Cup does not cooperate.

Saturday 12/14/02 - 02:00pm **
Sunday 12/15/02 - 05:00am
Thursday 12/19/02 - 06:00pm
Monday 12/23/02 - 07:00pm
Sunday 12/29/02 - 02:00pm

Holly Creta
Manager of Program Planning & Scheduling
Outdoor Life Network
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The thing that strikes me the most is that they are ready to air only 4 weeks after the event, and have pushed it into the schedule 6 weeks after the filming. That, along with dialogue between OLN and PSP, lead me to believe they were extremely impressed with the footage they captured and the excitement that our sport creates. It now seems extremely likely that OLN will be covering additional PSP events in the near future, possibly starting with the Mardi Gras event scheduled for Feb 20- 23.

I am also pleased at their decision to put 2 of the 5 showing in prime time slots.

If you attended the World Cup, you know you have to see what's coming on TV. It could be you.

I don't have a lot of info on what will be shown, or what will come in the future. I do see every indication that OLN is very impressed with our sport to this point. The only missing piece is whether people will tune in, and let them know that they tuned in.

Tune in to the show and see where we are going. If nothing else, it is definitely a starting point.

Lane]

rancid

Mother, is that you?
That's fantastic. Hey just for us dumbfuk euros out here, what is OLN? I mean put it into context for us.....

Hold on. Does everyone know what OLN is except me?

Has anyone got any nice relish that goes well with words?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Mark/Static
You mean how popular the network is? Well I'd say it's on most cable networks.
No idea on viewing number but ratings are probably available. But I would guess very good numbers for OLN would translate to 200 to 400 K homes. (That would be about .3 to .5 of a ratings point)
Outdoor Life is not a basic cable channel but anyone with extended service or digital cable or satellite should have. It's like Channel 131 where we are, or something in that neighborhood.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Doing the heavy lifting

Hey, kids
Another post from Lane so you can send in your kudos to Outdoor Life Network and beg for more pball on TV.

Here is the contact email address to show your support of paintball and to let them know there is a captive audience begging for more tournament paintball on TV.

feedback@olntv.com

PS--so if Lane posts this stuff other places how come he ignores the world's best pball forums?:(