Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Worn hex screws - your solution

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Fun, fun, fun, kids, but no one has addressed how this problem arises in the first place and there are three causes typically; cheap metal screws, inferior Allens (hex wrenches) and dirt and grit in hex head. Cheap screws strip easily when the wrench doesn't get a decent fit in the hex head and inferior wrenches do the same in good hex heads. To save all the other hassles make sure you clean out the hex head to be unscrewed before you do and the problem will almost completely disappear.

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
and people using super strength loctite!

loctite is your enemy people

the only thing it should be used on is air fittings anything else and you can solve a loose screw by a bit of ptfe....

i freely admit that a trigger screw needs to be set providing you dont use something stronger than to hold yer falseys in

this stuff just doesnt stick with me man (see what i did there...;) .....ook i'll get me coat and plackard!)

anyone else got any input on this before it gets closed?

peace and tic tacs

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Originally posted by Sick Psyko
loctite is your enemy people

loctite holds the world together man...you dont actually beleive all that bull**** about magma and ****? :rolleyes:

loctite rules - but only when your a plumber or trying to get a rounded screw out of something.