Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Would you pay to watch paintball?

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
I've just been looking at the http://www.euro5man.com/tickets.html website and noticed that they are charging spectators £5 to get in.
Now for a very start my family won't come down as they are not that interested but might have just turned up for a look but now they won't.

So what are your opinions?
Would you pay to spectate and would your friends or family pay as well?

(ps. i'm not just having a go at purerush, i'm just wondering if this is going to be the way foreward and other events may follow.....but would you pay)?

spsimon

Manchester Firm OG
Oct 9, 2006
depends on what the money is going to , if its going to help in the gaming side of it all im all for it because id rather pay a fiver and see inprovments,
there again how much is it to go and watch a football match ? £20?

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
paintball is like watching... erm paint dry! for spectators as they havent got a clue what is going on!

just people trying to shoot each other.

so charging £5 i think is a bit steep.

maybe a quid/2 max

but if its 5 i would want a burger or lunch thrown in with that in form of a meal ticket.

also something explaining what the funk is going on.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
No i wouldnt pay

No my friends wouldnt pay

No my family wouldnt pay
That's my point exactly.
I know from speaking to Warren that this event is going to be filmed and one of the reservations of the production company was the fact that crowd attendances are usually low, but if they charge admission then it's going to be even lower?

Like it's been said, unless your a player paintball is dull to watch:eek:

Jedi 57

Mar 25, 2007
Loughton
well if i was playing my family would pay to watch, if i new someone playing like a friend or something then i would pay but nothinhg over a fiver, but other than that no

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
No a fiver isn't a whole pile of money, but i still wouldn't pay it.
My Friends aren't into paintball (wiser people than I??)
My family certainly aren't into paintball. My brothers are, but only when playing.......
I can guarantee whatever food provisions there are will be silly money as well, drinks will be stupidly overpriced, so it isn't just paying in. It is buying the kids a burger, drink whatever. Then someone will be selling programmes........

MCBrawler

I put my name on it
Jun 2, 2005
in a house
Visit site
i personally would not pay to watch any team lower than spl.

i would pay to watch SPL and CPL/semi-pro and pro
i agree i would pay to watch the pros because you dont pay to watch amature football now do ya, but aslong as theirs like a giant replay screen were we can re watch the muggin we didnt see on the other side of the field. Improved reffing and National Anthems;) just for the atmosphere :D lol :D