Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

x ball

Ledz

Jul 13, 2001
Planet Planet
www.planeteclipse.com
Who do you think is going to win x ball? America and Canada have selected players from across the board but the UK is the only known nation to have picked players for their abilty with trials, but is this the best way to go or do you think the other nations have a better chance as they have picked teams already established?

Lets get some odds going for our victory.:)

Furby

Naughty Paintball God
Mar 28, 2002
Norman Park, Georgia
www.thefordreport.com
Given the pretty even distribution of talented players all over the world, I think it'll be an excellent competition all the way around, and it's anyone's guess who'll be the winners. Do they have anyone to do the announcing yet? I'd gladly offer my services as MC if they were required...

The russians are going to win it, as long as no-one starts flinging stupid accusations their way.
Don't get me wrong I would love to see the England team come out on top, but I fear that they have not played with each other enough (p8ntball that is before we get any innuendos flying. phnar, phnar) but then again they could gel well together and surprise a few of the stalwarts of the game out there.
Anyhow good luck ledz and all the of team england and make us proud.:D

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I have my fingers crossed for the Brits, but as TL says I think Russian Legion have the best chance of winning it.

Is anyone taking bets? I'd put serious money on RL (and some on the Brits to place). I think the Russians and Brits will be taking it more seriously than any of the Americans or Canadians.

Best of luck to the Brits!

manike

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Let's face it, The Russian legion are a great team who regularly take on the best teams in the USA and beat them. Now those great USA teams are fragmented and put with other players they don't normally play with. To me that's just giving more of an advantage to RL who are a well drilled team.

The RL are all also athletes and very fit and dedicated players. Isn't that what X-ball is about?

Is RL playing both Sweden and then IAO? if so will they be a little burnt out by IAO? or on a roll? they are used to training 6 days a week anyway. I'd bet on them winning both events one after the other and then we will get to hear about it for years in PGI ;)

Come on the Brits :D :D :D :D :D

manike

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
From what I saw the other day at our first training day, we have some true and significant talent within our midst.
The atmosphere and attitude was unlike anything I have experienced before in paintball and I am in no way exaggerating or over stating the case.
It was an awesome of display of paintballers and UK talent.
I too think the Russkies will have the edge over other teams for the reasons already mentioned by Manike, it remains to be seen what we can do and what happens afterwards.
But for the first time since the Preds, there is an English team who has world class potential, whether we can realise that potential depends on many things but I will tell you one thing, raw talent, the like of which I have never seen in an Englsih team, is alive and kicking in this squad.
Robbo

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by Robbo
But for the first time since the Preds, there is an English team who has world class potential
Let's hope that the same thing that happened to the Preds doesn't happen to this Brit team (or the RL, which worries me more actually :( I think that's the only thing that might get in their way and I so hope it doesn't.)

It's exciting. I'd love to see the Brits get a result. If they do maybe it will be a shot in the arm to UK paintball and UK teams... who knows.

I'm betting that the Euro teams are going to do well in this event.

Come on the Brits

manike

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Robbo
From what I saw the other day at our first training day, we have some true and significant talent within our midst.
The atmosphere and attitude was unlike anything I have experienced before in paintball and I am in no way exaggerating or over stating the case.
It was an awesome of display of paintballers and UK talent.
I too think the Russkies will have the edge over other teams for the reasons already mentioned by Manike, it remains to be seen what we can do and what happens afterwards.
But for the first time since the Preds, there is an English team who has world class potential, whether we can realise that potential depends on many things but I will tell you one thing, raw talent, the like of which I have never seen in an Englsih team, is alive and kicking in this squad.
Robbo
Is the training/progress of the team being recorded at all? It'd make a great documentary!

Paul.