Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

15bps rant

Originally posted by Steve Morris
At the moment I'm inclined to think that the proposed rules are the way to go with the possibility of reducing the velocity to perhaps 280fps as Dr No suggests. If there seems to be a problem after that then maybe we just have to suck it up and accept an even slower cap, say 10bps.

Bloody hell ! At this rate we will all be back using pump action markers shooting soft furry projectiles at 10 fps while clad in full body armour !!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Steve Morris

Banned
Jan 16, 2004
3rd stone from tha sun
Visit site
Poll

Originally posted by TonyF
Lets say Tippmanns...Checked for bounce, which should be impossible on these.
The trigger tester on our X Ball field at the World Cup got one of the Tippmanns on Team Tippmann Effect to bounce repeatedly resulting in a player getting suspended. The player's words were, "It's a Tippmann for Christ's sake!"

Originally posted by Pee Wee
well Andy im not being funny mate but the idea is not to actually get shot in the first place :D
I know this. You know this. But every tournament i go to i see lots of people kicking off after a game has finished about how many balls they took. Youve been eliminated , it was only the first one that counted.........get over it !!!!

But if the rule is going to come in theirs no point in having a little rant over it.

Don't know if you read the title of this thread but that is what its here for .....ranting !;)

So if a playa can one ball every single person on the other team does that mean he has less skillz then ol johnny crack head whos doing 30 a second

No, because a good player should be proficient at both these skills and know when on the field he has to use them. Being skilled in one or the other does not cut it in the modern game.

"less skillz than old johnny crack head" was a great quote though:)

I really dont mind if they bring in this rule as I can play either way just as well, but i am saying i dont think this will solve all the problems and may even produce some new ones !

ANDY:D

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Poll

As Famine suggested earlier, I think a poll would be good. Although I suspect he may not like the result (although I could be wrong!).
99% of players using a electronic gun will be "cheating" as most, if not all, have shot stacking or enhanced modes built in as standard. Come on guys you don't really believe you can shoot 24bps now.....do you :D
The only real answer, to erradicate any chance of board cheats is to ban electronic triggers altogether. So a simple solution, only event markers allowed. Lets say Tippmanns or infernos. Checked for bounce, which should be impossible on these. So everyone down to 8bps.....no thanks! ;)
The old automag RT could do 26bps, now thats what I call bounce!

Andy no one will get over shot because marshals will be on players cases, in the EXL they were sh1t hot and would give the old 2min sin bin for even a couple of extra love kisses.

TonyF

Swarm
Sep 22, 2002
Essex
www.swarmpaintball.co.uk
Re: Poll

Originally posted by sykesg
The old automag RT could do 26bps, now thats what I call bounce!

That's why I left out the RT :D
In all honesty, the only way to stop gun cheats is stop using ALL electro's, end of.
That is not gonna happen, no one wants to take a step backwards!

Famine:
As for teams using gun cheats, they know who they are, and what boards they were supplied with from their sponsors. I know of several teams that have used ramping guns last season in both small and major events in the U.K.
It happened and will continue to happen if nothing is done. Far better some solution is found, rather than bury our heads in the sand and let it continue and spread this season. And spread it will with chips/boards costing less and less!

Overshooting:
Continuing to shoot a player if he makes no effort to leave the field is all good, in my oppinion.....your out, then get off!
Players being shot 8 or 9 times in the back, heading into the dead box, and this happens all to often against some teams, is unacceptable.

Wiping:
15bps ramping should make it harder for the cheats to wipe. Easy to lose one shot, try losing 15+ :D

<rant mode off>

Players being shot 8 or 9 times in the back, heading into the dead box, and this happens all to often against some teams, is unacceptable.
But this situation is not always done out of spite towards the other team or player, it just happens.

It can be a combination of two or three players all seeing a movement from that player and hitting him a few times each
or
one back player having a line of paint in the air and by the time the player realises the other player is walking off the field he can stop shooting him immediately but he can not stop the line of paint he has in the air from hitting the player.

and then, as you quite rightly point out, you have the players who are hit but cant/wont come out of their bunkers cos they are getting railed on by a couple of back guys who then get shot by the advancing front guy. Not because he wants to overshoot him but simply because he does not know the player was hit already by someone else.

And as we all know in this game decisions on the field are often made in fractions of a second and its often a case of shoot first and ask questions later , so with the speed of markers today extra shots have to be accepted as part of the modern game !

ANDY.

ca$h+guns

Feb 15, 2005
Visit site
anybody who is complaining about getting 'overshot' is a pu$$y! try playing XBall and you will soon learn to live with it, cos the more shots you get on a player the longer it takes said player to get cleaned up before the next point, and therefore disrupts the karma in the pits.....part of the game i'm affraid!

anyways, we wanna get our sport on TV.....spectators love overkill, crashes, punch ups etc....so start accepting, it especially if the 15bps rule comes to us, cos its about 5bps more than 98% of you can shoot at the moment

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
That's a pile of crap.

Spectators love MOVEMENT, ACTION, and GOOD PLAYS.

I'm sure someone will say "Then why is it people get the most excited when the entire team leaves the bench?"

Because baseball is ****ING BORING, that's why, so it's nice when there's a fight.

Or "Why do people watch racing for the crashes?"

Because watching cars go around in a circle is, again, ****ING BORING.

That's why golf needs more fighting.

But PAINTBALL, we shouldn't need to resort to that. We should make movement, action, plays, the highlight of the game. That's what makes basketball or football (the european sort) spectator friendly. Even though there's not much scoring in Football, there's a lot of shooting and missing. That's exciting for the same reason the lottery is.

Anyway, we should be more like football, and let the fans do the fighting. Anybody fan who lets the athletes do the fighting for them is a pu$$y.