Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Am i being ripped off

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
£100 for a box of 2000 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
seen site prices anywhere from £60-120.....
all depends.
i've had some good deals on boxes at sites, especially with large groups booked in.
you'll never get "cheap" paint at a site - it costs too much to keep the place going. if you want it to stay open - if you use it, or want others to do so as an entry to paintaball - then just suck in the gut and take it.....

Marcus Geezer

Platinum Member
ITs the same as going down the pub. You could have bought a pint of beer in tesco for 50p but it's costing you 4 times that in the pub. Is that a rip off? No, because you aren't just paying for the beer you are paying for the venue the staff etc. It wouldn't be right to bring your own beer into the pub. And its the same with paint at sites.
Unfortunate as it is, this does put it into context really, so well said that man.

Bottom line. If you want paintball that is at a more reasonable price, buy your own gear and do walk-ons. Don't attend punter days. Leave them to the punters, the guys who go every now and again for a bit of pocket emptying fun.

Tom37

Better Than Tom36
meh, its easy enough for you to take paint into a siteand use it. but i know if you used it at ours, we'd just make you pay for what you'd shot through (including your own stuff)... which could make for an expensive day out if you get caught at the end of the day.

if you wana payless then go to walkon or something, there pretty cheap compared to punte-ball.

oh and you generally get a few more in a pot of 100

Sid_Clan

What's the point!!!
Sep 13, 2005
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many MORE times are we going to have this type of thread!!!!!

A company charges X cos it can, deal with it.....right, off down the pub with my 12 cans of lager I just bought from Asda, going to ask them for a pint glass and sit in the corner in their lovely warm pub and drink the beer I just brought in myself, cos I think they rip me off when I pay £2 per pint....you people pi$$ me off!!!!!!!

Sid

Sid_Clan

What's the point!!!
Sep 13, 2005
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
dude if you dont like these threads , dont look at them or reply to them , period!

james:D
James,

The problem here is simple, this exact same type of thread has been repeated more times than I care to remember. Now, everytime someone comes on and has a pop at the cost of paintball on sites and if they can smuggle paint into sites it annoys me, cos people actually respond to it with things like oh yeah, site prices are a rip off.....the thing is, these people don't own sites, they have NO IDEA of the running costs on sites and as such can't really comment....period!!!!

I mean, I don't own a Burgerking, but I'm not about to go on a forum and tell them they rip people off cos it's cost X to buy the meat and rolls they serve us!!!

Paintball is a business to some people, and in turn the thing that pays the bills and feeds the kids, there are overheads and profit margins, 75% of people on these forums are players, and know the cost of paintball.

Tell me James, has anyone EVER opened a thread slating any other part of paintball other than sites when it comes to profits and costs? Let me think...NO, I see no threads slagging off Smart Parts, Eclipse, WDP, WGP, or ANY manufacturers of paintball products, do you think companies run it simply to supply the player, or do they run it as a business, to make money????

Rant over, I'll stear clear of this thread and just hope the FP see it and put an end to a once again old story!!!

Sid

PS....are you telling me only to respond to threads I agree with?