Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Announcement from Freekz Paintball

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Direct from Mike and Mo, Freekz site owners:

Due to the recent events on Sun.27th Jan involving Nige. Freekz will be shut on Sunday 3rd February for training. Safety is of major concern and comes first and foremost.

The compressor and fill station are all new, all work has been carried out by professionals and all certificates for the fill station and quality of air are available. The fill station is being picked up and taken away for a complete examination which may help to find an explanation for the incident.

I would like to add to this that the fill station is and always has been safe and this has been insured by the professionals who carried out the work. Freekz has made the decision that from now on, anyone using the site will have to have their bottles filled for them. I understand this may be a nuisance for some and we are not assuming or suggesting that players are incompetent, only that the bottles can be filled slowly and safety by someone who knows what they are doing, and will hopefully lessen the chances of anything like this happening to anyone else in the future.

I would also reiterate that as Kitch has already mentioned, Stako bottles will now be banned from Freekz. It is far better to take as many precautions as possible than to ignore that there are problems.

We wish all our best to Nige again and will help with whatever we can.
Thank you.
Mike and Mo

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
I would also reiterate that as Kitch has already mentioned, Stako bottles will now be banned from Freekz. It is far better to take as many precautions as possible than to ignore that there are problems.

About time, Tbh I can't believe it's coincidence that all 3 of the recent upsets with tanks exploding and whatnot were all stakos, thousands of other tanks out there, but it only happens to be the stakos that are having problems with them :rolleyes:

Fisz

Ka mate!
Jun 10, 2006
Bon, as I think nobody would like for the discussion which is taking place in the tournament forum to spread over here, please go there and read up on all 4 of the recent incidents.

I have a question for the Freekz owners though.

Provided that a proper investigation takes place and the cause is found, is the ban on Stakos permanent regardless of the reason for the incident hapenning?

Also, good to see that you guys are reinforcing your policies regarding the filling of bottles.

extremelimo

Apr 12, 2004
South Wales
allstretchedout.co.uk
Site

This is an awesome site and I agree about the filling of bottles be left to a trained person, also as a thought the trailer with the compressor could be moved from the public, probably fenced off and the fill station be piped a distance away as per other fields. These are only my thoughts. Has anyone thought of just placing the bottles in a steel surround at filling time so any explosion would be pointed down wards. Kitch keep it going as it was looking so good. Have spoken with Nigel this morning and he seems a bit sore but fine.As for Stakos I dont think it was the bottle but more likely the reg as the burns are outside the Stako and the only part left of the reg was the fill nipple, but an inspection of the bottle will soon tell us.
rgds
Mr Bling:cool:

tommy"the gun"webb

So Manc mafia
Sep 26, 2005
+1 HQ
3 words... ukpsf air pass ....a mandatory requirment at bullys site,

first time ive actually ben told the dangers and precautions of air.!

Millennium Man

Manchester Outlawz
Afetr hearing of this incident i have also decided to follow suit and ban the stacko bottles from site until i have my bomb box in place. Also everyone who comes to the site will be given a safety talk and shown how to use the compressor safely. I am going with the plan of having a bomb box made this will be the length of the gun and the width and you will place your marker in the box connect the hose that will come through a hole in the site and then close the lid clip the latch and fill. This way everyone can fill there own bottles but if anything goes bang it will be inside 1/2 inch steel box....

Safety comes 1st

Rob
D7's North
D7's Outlawz
www.proaktivpaintball.co.uk