Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Announcement from Freekz Paintball

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Direct from Mike & Mo:

The compressor/fill station has now been taken away to help with any answers. After hearing a comment about 'flash filling' I would like to say that the air was regulated to fill the bottle in 10sec if pulled hard straight down however- if used sensibly the air would trickle in slowly. Stating that a bottle was filled in 1.5sec is absurd and impossible. Once the equipment is thoroughly checked we have requested that the fills will be changed to 30sec-1 min to fill. One other fact that may have to come into play is that helmets should be worn when filling bottles, in order for things to be safer for everyone involved it means sacrificing the complacency that has come about using the air systems.

As always, it is dreadful that it takes an incident like this to occur for things to improve. Freekz wants safety to be far better and hopefully we can all work together to make the paintball environment a safer place for everyone involved, changes will be made at Freekz, some not everyone will agree with, but far better to make things a little more stringent and tighter to ensure the safety of all involved.

There will be lots of changes put in place at Freekz, we are going through everything possible now. As I said it will make a difference to the way things have been done up till now, but lets try and get something good out of this situation that all will benefit from. Trust that we will do all we can to make the whole paintball experience as safe as possible. It is something that all site's need to focus on, and I am aware that other site's have also banned the Stako bottles, if they decide to reintroduce them in time, then i would say that is at their own judgement.

Once the slower regulator's have been fitted we have invited the HSE to come and view and test all the equipment as reassurance for everyone, we will be installing a blast cage, this means that on the configuration of which we work we may put in place 4 fill toggles and bottles will sit in a cradle and filled from outside the cage. Thus limiting any chance of danger to the user or anyone around if case of anything going wrong.

Regards,
Team Freekz

webby

University Barbarians
I hope that every field takes the precautions that Freaks are looking into, especially limiting the fill speeds. Flash filling is dangerous, but I know for a fact that it's common practice. By physically limiting the fill speed to a theoretically safe level, this should hopefully reduce the chances of another accident.

It scares me how lax people are about HPA. I myself rarely think about the dangers of it. But when you think car tires are filled to about 30psi, playing with a tank filled to 100times that is damn scary!

I would like to say I admire Freaks for leading the way in developing safer filling techniques, and wish all other sites will follow tout de suite. Just a shame it's taken an incident like this to prompt such a reaction.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
most of the suggestions that people are putting forward for safety were suggested by the ukpsf last year and most people didn,t want to know.it shows that it takes an incident like this to wake people up,so ask bully he has probably got more info on hpa safety and where to get the best system set-ups by pros 2 of them being h-pac and paramina

jumbaleo

Feb 18, 2006
Visit site
I would like to say I admire Freaks for leading the way in developing safer filling techniques, and wish all other sites will follow tout de suite. Just a shame it's taken an incident like this to prompt such a reaction.
Are you saying other sites don't bother to follow correct procedures then?

You must have detailed knowledge of every sites fill stations across the country, maybe you would like to identify where we shouldn't go for properly maintained and serviced filling equipment.

oh

And what planet was it that you said you came from?

jim

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
The ban on Stako's at Freekz has now been retracted. I am not completely sure why, but will keep you all updated once I hear more.

Will
Team Freekz

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
heres a crazy mad idea just because im bored

hpac carry around a huge mofo trailer anyway so why not have 2 concrete cubes with 1 side removed to make it like a box with no lid... and have them under the air taps... with water in them...

would this not only ensure a bottle is going to be thrusted downwards if it blows but help stop / slow it down quickly ... and keep the bottle cool aswell if its dipped in water ?

O

ollytheosteo

You must have detailed knowledge of every sites fill stations across the country, maybe you would like to identify where we shouldn't go for properly maintained and serviced filling equipment.

oh

And what planet was it that you said you came from?

jim
Erm, I think you'll find he does know a bit:eek:

And as for lax filling procedures remember there is a huge rec scene out there, and whilst most sites are good I've seen some very dodgy filling practices, no bottle checks, unsupervised flash-if-you-like filling etc whilst travelling around.

webby

University Barbarians

I never claimed that I have detailed knowledge of every site's fill station across the country. I was just saying that I hope all sites implement stricter, more controlled filling practices. If they've already got them in place, then that's great! But as Olly said above, I have personally witnessed lax practice at some of the fields I have been to, both here and in Europe.

If you would like, jumbaleo, I will appologise for using the word "all" in the statement "and wish all other sites will follow tout de suite", when I could have just said "and wish other sites will follow tout de suite", as it takes away the apparent allusion that I know about every site out there.

Oh and nice Uranus joke. Very funny.