Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Any advice for a serious new starter?

LewBoyEd

R4D
Mar 13, 2012
Norfolk, UK
Just getting started in paintballing, experienced in the sport just not in buying all my gear.
Looking at getting a preowned Dye/Proto/Eclipse marker for around 170 to 220 quid, is this realistic or am I being too tight??
Also got my heart set on a Dye i4 mask because they are damn sweet, looking at spending around 35 to 40 quid, again am I being too tight??
Not bothered too much about jerseys and trousers etc etc, but when it comes to hoppers and bottles I have absolutely no idea, advice please???!!!
Just trying to get my research in so I don't get mugged off and end up being one of those 'all the gear and no idea' types. All help would be much appreciated and if anybody is selling anything that I might be interested in, link me!
CHEERS GUYS! :)

GRIMLOCK

Jun 18, 2011
Welcome to the forum buddy to start off if your buying a second hand mask i recommend always buying a new lense as £20-blindness is a no-brainer
your gun budget will get you a used mini, proto rail or a dm 6-8 possibly an etha or etek lt so your budget is good however bear in mind to use them properly you will need an electronic loader such as a halo b/v l evolution/magna or a superloader such as a rotor/prophecy/pinokio

hope this helps ;)

Reactions: LewBoyEd

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
Loaders wise any Rotor, Prophecy, or Halo will be more than adequate as the 10.5 bps limit doesnt stretch them.
capacity wise Rotor & Prophecy 2 both hold around 150-160 balls, Halo & Porphecy 1 hold around 200 as standard bet both Rotor & Prophecy have shell options for bigger or smaller capacity.
There is a DM8 in the for sale section http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/fs-dm8-and-some-other-kit-including-a5-e-grip.145149/ I dont know the guy though.
Your can pick up an Invert Mini for that money no probs

dcoe

ronnie ruined my life !!!!!
Nov 26, 2011
sure i would be able to sort a 3000psi 48cu bottle and bottle cover out for a little bit more with the marker aswell

jlylee007

Here to play the beautiful game.
Nov 23, 2009
I only started out a few months ago never did paintball seriously. Thought I would throw myself in the deep end. I got a pair of i4s for £40 only worn twice, an ego7 with zick kit and sl8ter board for £250, carbon bottle for £70 and a gen 2 rotor for £70. My thoughts at the time was invest a bit more now so that you dont have to reinvest later upgrading which is wasting more money.

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
I only started out a few months ago never did paintball seriously. Thought I would throw myself in the deep end. I got a pair of i4s for £40 only worn twice, an ego7 with zick kit and sl8ter board for £250, carbon bottle for £70 and a gen 2 rotor for £70. My thoughts at the time was invest a bit more now so that you dont have to reinvest later upgrading which is wasting more money.
the downside is that if things do not go according to plan for whatever reason, trying to offload high-end kit (at a price that isn't financially detrimental to the seller) to us lot is akin to squeezing blood out of a stone. The number of lowballs I've come across lately beggars belief.

Reactions: LewBoyEd and dcoe

jlylee007

Here to play the beautiful game.
Nov 23, 2009
True but if you purchase kit that is at the lowest value price, nothing says you would be able to sell it a few months later at the same price.

BaconDude

Rawr.
Dec 3, 2010
High Wycombe
What you spend is what you get...

If you're wanting a decent marker then shell out a little bit more. Maybe a DM9 or DM10, Ego 10... Save up a little longer.

Bottle / Rotor / Mask, etc has all been answered