Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Anyone with any advice regarding waiting periods for a broken wrist?

imaninja

COD noob since 2003
Apr 4, 2010
bishops stortford

Basically about 6 weeks ago I obtained a dislocated fracture to my wrist because some fat pr**k who was 18 and shouldn’t have been playing in the U17 league threw me to the floor (I’m a small but fast lad) after the whistle had sounded.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a dislocated fracture like this and how long they had waited to play paintball after the cast had been removed. I can’t really ask my doctor as he will have no idea as he will probably not even know that paintball is even taken that seriously.

Many thanks, Tom.

http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k594/tomphillips93/?action=view&current=DSC_0107.jpg

I’ve uploaded this picture to give you an idea of the injury. This picture was taken in the hospital after my hand had been straightened (to the best of their ability) on the sidelines the rugby pitch.

SantaCruzScotty

Plat Member - Samurai!
Oct 24, 2010
Cardiff, Wales
www.facebook.com
My own opinion is after the cast is taken off take it softly just moving around with the gun (Swapping arms pressing trigger) then after two weeks start practicing with your team (Or who ever) and if it starts to ache pull out and rest it again!

niallist

SPS - First 9
Nov 2, 2008
London
I can’t really ask my doctor as he will have no idea as he will probably not even know that paintball is even taken that seriously. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Many thanks, Tom.
Yes you can, ask your doctor, he is the only person who can give you medical advice, not us.

He's a doctor, he will be able to figure it out.

Reactions: NSKlad

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
If possible, find a way to strengthen it before playing again. Personally, I'd try Google images with SafeSearch turned off.

Reactions: jakob

imaninja

COD noob since 2003
Apr 4, 2010
bishops stortford
If possible, find a way to strengthen it before playing again. Personally, I'd try Google images with SafeSearch turned off.
Yes there is. I will be getting physiotherapy to help strengthen it. It’s been rested for 6 weeks at the moment so its had quite a long time, especially with a cast coming up to my shoulder…

G

Gassy

I broke a lads leg playing rugby once,the crunch sound it made still makes me cringe now when I think about it.

On another note,if your a ninja how did he manage to get hold of you,I mean you have those eggshell grenade things that make you disappear in a puff of smoke or a throwing star to the forehead may have put him off.

cowface

Team Rampage
Oct 9, 2001
northamptonshire
i was riding my motorcycle with my broken wrist, i got straight back into diving around on fields asoon as it was off.

big mistake ? hell yes :) always listen to your doctor :)

basktm

Dec 14, 2010
somerset
cant say enough about not taking advise from anyone here, 2 main problems with it are.

1. None of us are your Doctor

2. everyone has a different body/structure/build. Just because some one else was back playing doesn't mean you will be.

if your doctor doesn't understand paintball, show him, he will prob say a few weeks after cast is off will be fine (standard saying) but you will know if its ready, wrist and ankles take an age to mend fully, if you dont give them time, they will cause you probs for years, better be safe now and miss a bit of balling, let it heal properly.

I broke my ankle/tib/fib thing playing footy, doc said 6 weeks, was more like 6 moths before i could play, you also have the muscle loss from the rest of your arm to deal with as well.