Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Attack of the paintballers

guys, best thing to do is give Gillie a call...

Obviously not everyone can be given a specific role directly related to the running and scoring of the game, but that's not to say 20 people can't turn up dressed as Wookies and play for the Rebels...I'm pretty sure Chewie was not the last of his race (or maybe he was - I dunno)

I know there's a load of people who want to be good ol' run-o-the-mill stormtroopers (there's power in numbers :) ) and one group who are planning their X-wing pilot costumes already. We really want to give out prizes for some good costumes this year. After all it's half the fun. Of course if you're 6"2", you might make a bizarre looking R2-D2...but we're pretty liberal minded...I even heard talk of someone "building" a costume that looked like an AT-AT walker (maybe got the name wrong there - I'm sure someone with a degree in Starwarsology will correct if I'm wrong :) )

At one scenario game we went to in the States a huge bunch of guys turned up dressed as as US postal workers, which I assumed was a skit on the Kevin Costner, post-apocalyptic Postman thing, but they weren't anything specific to the game, just a group who decided to get into the spirit of the thing by dressing up for the day...

(As it turned out they were all in fact US postmen so I'm not exactly sure what the implications of that were...but what the hell...they were all as mad as a fish anyway...nice guys tho)

But if you have a specific idea, give Gillie a bell. I know she's finalising changes to the plot this week.

Oh while I think, extra marshals are also welcome. The boys and girls who did it last year sweltered in the heat all day with no one to give them a break. It'd be really nice if a few extra bodies volunteered to help out marshalling a flag station for a couple of hours. For those unfamiliar with this kind of event, the marshals are really only there to keep an eye on safety, check scores and point lost players back in the direction of the safe area or battle depending on which way they are headed. The players pretty much run themselves at these kind of events so it's not like you need a marshal training course. If we catch players cheating then we penalise the team in the scoring...heavily...but to be honest at both South Park games it as never an issue (except possibly where people thought Mikey was playing on until they realised he was in fact Saddam and could only be taken out with a V-chip...then the mad scramble started to find V-cips :) )

Originally posted by Hatts

At one scenario game we went to in the States a huge bunch of guys turned up dressed as as US postal workers, which I assumed was a skit on the Kevin Costner, post-apocalyptic Postman thing, but they weren't anything specific to the game, just a group who decided to get into the spirit of the thing by dressing up for the day...

(As it turned out they were all in fact US postmen so I'm not exactly sure what the implications of that were...but what the hell...they were all as mad as a fish anyway...nice guys tho)

Yeah and they wern't throwing a sicky at work then. Or perhaps they told thier women that they were of to work thus had to wear the company uniform.;) :D

L J

big big titties
Originally posted by Hatts
Obviously not everyone can be given a specific role directly related to the running and scoring of the game, but that's not to say 20 people can't turn up dressed as Wookies and play for the Rebels...I'm pretty sure Chewie was not the last of his race (or maybe he was - I dunno)
chewie wasnt the only one alive, his planet Kashyyk was still there with lots of wookies, and he even had a wife and child!

god im sad:( :( :rolleyes:

Gazz_KW

RIP - Keltic Warriors
Feb 28, 2002
Leeds....eh up lad!!
Originally posted by T.B.F.K.A.T.L.
the keltics said they would be my e-jock [ewok-ejock see what i've done there ;) ] retinue and are willing to do a suicide mission.:eek:
Suicide Mission???????:( :eek:

Ahhhh go on then..

FREEEEEDOMMMM!!! :cool: E-Jocks Rool!

& still more...

Had a sneak round the bosses office yesterday while she was out and after a quick rummage through her "TOP SECRET" draw it seems there are plans afoot for a bonus feature where players will get a chance to "test" their Star Wars knowledge during the game for bonus points and prizes...

is it just me or is this getting silly? :D

Victor six

TrannyPaintballer
Jun 7, 2002
Staffordshire Moorlands
Visit site
The world needs more harmless lunacy, that's my excuse...

Anyway, what's wrong with knowing LOTS about Star Wars?

Got any Tusken Sand Raiders signed up yet? You have now!
(well it was either that or a Hoth Ice Monster, and it's hard to get paint out of fur...;)

Gillie

Apr 8, 2002
www.pbuk.biz
....course...guess who gets lemoned with actually finding out all the Star Wars stuff in the first place...errr how many books are there now?...might have to stick to the films...I mean how many people remember a 6ft rabbit called Jackson from the comic book back in the late 70's...

opps...some of that harmless lunacy leaking out there :)...

(and to think i had it all...Star Wars duvet cover, Star Wars lamp shade, Star Wars wallpaper in my bedroom, Star Wars underpants (hey I was only 9)...)