Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Battle of the Bulge 2nd Nov 08

sponge10

myspace.com/londontigers
Jan 23, 2006
london
Visit site
It was a really good day!! been playing for 18 years and this was my first ever big game,it was a bit expensive though,no free tea or coffee!!

im sure they will iron out the small problems they had in time for the next event,hopefully in the summer!well done to H-PAC for getting there(a little late),especially after seeing the condition of their truck:eek::eek:

morbo

Morbo says hello humans
Oct 2, 2008
Like you lot I had a great day, best Marshaling i have seen nice one guys.
look forward to next year

biigjim

all the gear no idea
Sep 6, 2008
sunny hertfordshie
Jim says die MORBO .... great game shame about the late start but ended up caked in mud and covered in bruises .... great way to spend a day!!!

stevex19

Rambo has the Balls!
Jul 6, 2008
Somerset
notintheface.webs.com
Although I enjoyed the battle itself, and the Marshalls did a really good job, I felt the organisation of the event could have used some improvement

Not all people who attend walk ons turn up in monster trucks or 4x4's so when there is torrential rain the entire day before it might not be a good idea to expect people to park their cars in the muddy field, in fact parking marshalls would have been a good idea! I was told by one of the guys in bright coats to drive into the field (which could have been reserved for the 4x4's) and promptly sank up to my axels! and yet everyone who arrived AFTER me just parked where they wanted often 3 cars deep on the "dry" (not too muddy) bit!

Incidently, thanks to the guy in the white landrover (think his name was Sam) who towed me out, without you I think the day would have been a total write off.

Not sure why the "Germans" had to trek back into the next County to re-spawn? I am not as young as I used to be and making that trek twice through the swampy woods (getting lost into the bargain) during the first battle pretty much knackered me for the rest of the day!
The"Americans" route to re-spawn however took them right past the main area and at one time I watched a long line of them walking back into the battle making carefull note of the positions we were occupying in the village (which must have proved very usefull in their subsequent mass attack on our rear!).

I too think things were far too expensive on the day (considering the cost of petrol to get there and what we paid to attend) i'm glad I didnt take advantage of the offer to pay £10 more for a paint "upgrade" as the paint we had was fine.

Tank? what Tank? didnt see it, didnt hear it! (maybe I was lost in the woods at the time of its appearence?)

All in all a good day, but with just a little bit more forthought it could have been a GREAT day

renie

Mar 2, 2008
I too had a great day.. the pyros were fantastic in fact made me jump out of my skin twice.. lol, as for the tank mate there was one as i saw it with my own eyes and felt the ground rumble as it drove past me..

Thought the cost was Ok (no dearer than NRG etc) and you could tell a lot of effort had been put into making the bases etc. more effort than some big games ive been too..

all in all an excellent day for me and my pals and ill defintly go again if they do another..

gonzo

Jul 17, 2007
East London
Well now i have been waiting to post my feelings on the game as i have an issue with the site that i am still awaiting some response from them hopefully they are not just ignoring me !.

i dont like to knock people that lay on the games but there were a few issues that marred the day starting a game at 11.30 is not good when the scheduled time was going to be 09.00 and yes i know H pac had vehicle trouble i saw the state of the wagon ! but if that was explained people could have filled at the top end and the game could have started,

the car park was an issue especially with people bogging down etc etc perhaps making people park at the top end and running a shuttle with their gear would have been a better idea ?.

The German dead zone was pretty basic you need some basic refreshments available in both safe zones trudging up the slippery path of death trying to carry a drink not good ! , and i really feel that game orginiser's rip the P*&$
charging for tea and coffee especially in November it cant cost that much to supply some tea bags and hot water surely !

Both myself and the Dirty half dozen rarely manage to eat at games as it gets in the way of playing but the queue especially after most people had already pre orderd there food why !.

Also having a one and a half hour lunch break after the really late start was really a luxery that shoudnt have happened if people choose to stop and eat good for them but it really shortened the game day in my view,

If the sites provide Generals they must ensure that all know the scenarios the guy tried but really didnt seem to be able to get a grip in the end we managed to grab a copy of the scenario to try and see what was going on some of the others really didnt have a clue what was going on so it was no surprise that the Germans failed in the objectives, And taking of your goggles in the game Zone

The game play itself and the game zones were great the marshalls were keeping up with play and getting stuck in so alls good there the trek to the respawn sites well that happens not much can be done on that front i feel it seemed worse because of the relly slippery conditions.

Some really nice points the FV432 with the Rarden turret( or tank as people keep calling it ) was nice although it could have been used a bit more, The reenactors in the uniforms was a nice touch, great to see the chrono checks each time you re entered

We enjoyed the day short as it was but felt these issues needed raising as i say i dont like to knock the guys that put themselves in the firing line as it were but unless they are told the same mistakes will be made and i still hope to receive a response to my e mails to the site .

Kwebby

Nov 8, 2008
Well now i have been waiting to post my feelings on the game as i have an issue with the site that i am still awaiting some response from them hopefully they are not just ignoring me !.

i dont like to knock people that lay on the games but there were a few issues that marred the day starting a game at 11.30 is not good when the scheduled time was going to be 09.00 and yes i know H pac had vehicle trouble i saw the state of the wagon ! but if that was explained people could have filled at the top end and the game could have started,

the car park was an issue especially with people bogging down etc etc perhaps making people park at the top end and running a shuttle with their gear would have been a better idea ?.

The German dead zone was pretty basic you need some basic refreshments available in both safe zones trudging up the slippery path of death trying to carry a drink not good ! , and i really feel that game orginiser's rip the P*&$
charging for tea and coffee especially in November it cant cost that much to supply some tea bags and hot water surely !

Both myself and the Dirty half dozen rarely manage to eat at games as it gets in the way of playing but the queue especially after most people had already pre orderd there food why !.

Also having a one and a half hour lunch break after the really late start was really a luxery that shoudnt have happened if people choose to stop and eat good for them but it really shortened the game day in my view,

If the sites provide Generals they must ensure that all know the scenarios the guy tried but really didnt seem to be able to get a grip in the end we managed to grab a copy of the scenario to try and see what was going on some of the others really didnt have a clue what was going on so it was no surprise that the Germans failed in the objectives, And taking of your goggles in the game Zone

The game play itself and the game zones were great the marshalls were keeping up with play and getting stuck in so alls good there the trek to the respawn sites well that happens not much can be done on that front i feel it seemed worse because of the relly slippery conditions.

Some really nice points the FV432 with the Rarden turret( or tank as people keep calling it ) was nice although it could have been used a bit more, The reenactors in the uniforms was a nice touch, great to see the chrono checks each time you re entered

We enjoyed the day short as it was but felt these issues needed raising as i say i dont like to knock the guys that put themselves in the firing line as it were but unless they are told the same mistakes will be made and i still hope to receive a response to my e mails to the site .

The reason the day started late was mainly due to late arrivals and there where allot of them and this was the main hold up of the day, the air was not an issue as they where aware of HPAC and the air system on site would of handled the day even though it was a 3500 fill only. Several calls where made to the safe area saying that air tanks could be filled.

The amount of work that the site staff has put in over the last few months leading up to the big game was immense as well as still holding punter days but i will agree with you and the issues of the starting stations will be rectified for the next big game, the coffee and teas if charged should of been 10p to 20p just to cover cost of the products i.e. cups, milk, spoons, coffee e.t.c.

The car park issues again will be resolved for the next big game and the more experienced marshalls will be out there directing traffic.

I am just typing this as i have spoken to Mark regarding these issues and he will respond soon if not already. They where aware of issues and the next big game they hold they will of addressed the issues bought up to them.

But i would like to say for there first attempt of holding such a game i think they did bloody well and i was impressed through out the day. I have been to some big games and this was fair one of the best i have been to. The marshalls where ontop of the game all day and where not affraid to run into a wall of paint just to check people.

The Pyrotechnics where great and made me and other players jump out of there skin. I talked to the guys who set these up and they informed me that they have been asked to set up trip mines and smoke for the next big game down at the site. It just added that extra excitment through the day. I was dissapointed that the tank was not used more but this will be addressed next time. The Vietnam village was awsome and i hope they build more of these around the site for the next game.