Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Best Vs Worst thing about this site

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
pah! thats the last time we tell you about the pub Beaks!
I don't think theres a problem with a post letting ppl know that theres a group of ballers getting together, i admit we don't need 5 pages of "it was good to see you in the pub" posts, but the odd "we're gonna be here, when and all are welcome" posts in the appropriate place(in the forum) will do any harm.

tb-303

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by QuackingPlums
Yeah, and isn't it a magazine that WE ALL buy? (if not, why not?! :D) Forms a neat circle, doncha think? :D In fact, if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have subscribed to the magazine...

Generally, if I don't think a thread is relevant to me, I don't read it... it doesn't really bother me if there are a dozen threads I don't want to read, as long as the ones I do want to read are there when I need them.

Is it actually a written rule that we cannot talk about stuff that isn't either a question or discussion about pure paintball?
No it aint a written rule but then it shouldn't have to be, to be honest that sort of attitude just promotes heavy handed moderators and believe me, no-one wants that!

Paul.
:)

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
The thing that is worrying us, the glorious mods, is that there is a relatively small group of people that frquent these boards, that has a tendency to get carried away with the "let's have a slumber party at my place" threads. The people who post these threads are also rather prolific posters, so you get huge "slumber party" threads, followed by "who's going to the slumber party", "where's the slumber party?", "when's the slumber party?", "who's going to the slumber party?", "how was the slumber party?", and "slumber party, whoohoo!" threads.
That's a pretty big number of threads, with tremendous amounts of posts, done by a select few. Now if a new guy wanders onto these forums, and sees something like that, he'll think 'hmm, this place seems to be all about a small group of people whom I have no ties with, I'll move on now....' See how it works?
I feel that all topics on a paintball forum should at least marginally be about paintball. The fact that all people involved in a discussion are paintballers, does not mean that the discussion is paintball related.

Little Jon

Banned
May 1, 2002
Planet X
www.paintballextreme.co.uk
Originally posted by Buddha 3
The people who post these threads are also rather prolific posters, so you get huge "slumber party" threads, followed by "who's going to the slumber party", "where's the slumber party?", "when's the slumber party?", "who's going to the slumber party?", "how was the slumber party?", and "slumber party, whoohoo!" threads.
slumber party meaning sparklies academy yeah??:D :D :p :p

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
"Slumber party" is a bit of an exaggeration, surely?

If you're talking about the thread I think you are, then it's about a paintball event/meet? Ok, it could have done with being a few pages shorter (well, mebbe a few dozen) but what about threads like "is this a gash or a tash?" That has even less to do with paintball...?

Although it *was* funny... :D

madskillz

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
Speaking as someone who has watched the boards for a long time b4 posting, can I humbly suggest that you:

A - Split tournaments inyo a Major League section, NPPL, PSP, X-Ball, Millennium - and Locals, for all the rest of the stuff, cos half the time you go to tournament and it's 'skirmish nottingham 2-man this sunday' followed by 'Temple 5' - all of which is applicable to about 50 people in the world.

B - Have one American and one Euro mod on each forum - that way they should be able to monitor more effectively round the clock.

C - Ban the word 'Sparklie' from discussion titles.

D - Invite some more famous people on board - you have loads of famous players writing for and being interviewed by PGI. I know some of them like Rich Telford come on, can we have a few more big name brains to pick please?

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I think some of the threads which are very animated but not necessarily about paintball are a good thing for the 'community' of people here. Some of them are completely irrelevant but very amusing.

Maybe there should be a forum for 'shyte' which means the paintball stuff doesn't get watered down?

Any time people want to just blow off steam, or talk off topic, or a thread degenerates into conversation or a hijacking, split it out and file it in the 'shyte forum' Then those that don't want to see it or deal with it, don't have to?

And those that do or are enjoying it, can continue?

Is it possible to provide for all eventualities, rather than just limiting people in how they can respond or what they can say? Not sure. Might take more work from the mods.

manike

rancid

Mother, is that you?
Originally posted by madskillz
Speaking as someone who has watched the boards for a long time b4 posting, can I humbly suggest that you:

A - Split tournaments inyo a Major League section, NPPL, PSP, X-Ball, Millennium - and Locals, for all the rest of the stuff, cos half the time you go to tournament and it's 'skirmish nottingham 2-man this sunday' followed by 'Temple 5' - all of which is applicable to about 50 people in the world.

B - Have one American and one Euro mod on each forum - that way they should be able to monitor more effectively round the clock.

C - Ban the word 'Sparklie' from discussion titles.

D - Invite some more famous people on board - you have loads of famous players writing for and being interviewed by PGI. I know some of them like Rich Telford come on, can we have a few more big name brains to pick please?

Alright, own up. Who the heck are you? And what have you been doing reading the personal inter-mod emails that have been going on over the last few days!

;)