Missy Q

300lb's of Chocolate Love
Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
Loco, who do you want to win the hand?

a. The guy with the best cards?
b. The guy with the most chips?
c. The guy with the biggest pre-flop raise?

There is no 'all of the above' option.

To glorify a 'stealing of the blinds' is selling your sport a little short - dontcha think?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
I don't think Foxe has been updated lately so you're out of luck, Missy

Originally posted by Missy Q

To glorify a 'stealing of the blinds' is selling your sport a little short - dontcha think?
You already know what my preference is and you already know what my general opinion is of pretty much everyone involved so using my analogy to imply that I'm either trivializing the situation and/or don't take it seriously is beneath even you, Missy. :)
Nor am I the one playing games with Paintball. By extension, that would be you. And if we're gonna start taking shots I might wonder if you're concern is for the Game or your pocketbook but that would be ungenerous, wouldn't it?

And plainly the hand I want to see "win" is none of the above.

Missy Q

Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
Wow! I was just interested in seeing how far you were willing to travel with your analogy, as it was such an uncharacteristically poor one and I could have had a lot of fun with it. I truthfully didn't even stop to wish or dream that you would get so riled up about it and equate my rather innocuous questions to 'taking shots'.

One thing though Tone Loc. Just remember it was your own analogy, however ridiculous. If you put it out there you have to expect it to be challenged, n'est pas mon ami?

You really made my Friday though - Thanks!;)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
You thought that was "riled up?" In your dreams, Chunky

Wow! I was just interested in seeing how far you were willing to travel with your analogy, as it was such an uncharacteristically poor one. I truthfully didn't even stop to wish or dream that you would get so riled up about it and equate my rather innocuous questions to 'taking shots'.

One thing though Tone Loc. Just remember it was your own analogy, however ridiculous. If you put it out there you have to expect it to be challenged, n'est pas mon ami?

You really made my Friday though - Thanks!;)
No, as usual it was a dead on analogy and if it wasn't you wouldn't be playing poor pitiful Missy (and Lane wouldn't be running away from it). Nor did you challenge the analogy, you challenged me. (Which is cool--just don't pretend that you didn't when you get called on it.) You de facto accepted the analogy by trying to turn it on me and, as usual when cornered, you got nothing but bluster. And if you think most of the forum readers don't know shuckin' and jivin' when they see it you'd be mistaken.

And if it's such a poor analogy how bout you offer an analysis of the likely ramifications of the UPBF and show me where I'm wrong. Or at least post the link for the inevitable NPPL press release. :rolleyes:

Missy Q

Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
This is great!

If it was a good analogy then it would have stood up to analysis. I asked you questions related directly to your analogy, and you got all ancey. Isn't that what really happened?
I mean, what exactly did you 'call me' on?
Did you just start playing poker and decide that it would be your source of analogies for the day?

I didn't 'accept' your analogy, I asked you a question on it. You may be able to say that everyone else accepted it, but not Missy, she's too wise for that, and might I remind you that she is also responsible for the funniest post of all time, ever, and deserves some respect for that. If you had posted the funniest post of all time I would applaud you for it. Not that it's likely of course....

Its so unlike you to post something so wild and unsubstantiated, but here goes:

No, it is not a dead-on analogy
No, there is no pitiful Missy.
Yes, I did challenge the analogy
No, you didn't 'call me' on anything.
No I wasn't cornered
No, I was not aware of any 'bluster' that I 'got' (whatever that means)
No I didn't do any 'shuckin or jivin' (need help with this one too)

I have nothing to offer you regarding the UPBN or whatever its called, as I have yet to see any detail on it. I have my assumptions that it is another ploy to gain power and control for a predesignated yet unsuprising group of industry figures and thier cronies, but I am better off not voicing them until I have better info.
As for the NPPL. they met with thier captains, are now meeting with PP, and I am sure they will state thier intentions when all perspectives have been gained. I don't expect Pro entries to be $5g per event though. :eek:

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site

The answer is, whoever is best at poker. You'd be an idiot not to steal the blinds if the other players arn't going to defend them.

The thing about poker is, you don't know who has the best cards before the hand is over, and even then you might never know if somebody makes a big raise that doesn't get called.

NPPL/PP wants us to believe that they have big cards, which they've telegraphed by making a big raise. NPPL/PP either believes their hand is better, or believes they can make PSP/Millenium think NPPL/PP's hand is better.

But PSP/Millenium has 10-J suited. Not a great hand, but worth seeing the flop if you think the guy on the other side of the table is overplaying a pair of dueces.

Missy Q

Jun 8, 2005
East Side
www.tshirthell.com
yeah, I know how to play poker, I just think that the whole poker analogy is a crap one. I don't equate any of this to raises, calls, cards or any other poker related entity.

You would want to know what both leagues have to offer. Then you make a decision.
You don't want any 'wait and see' texas hold-em ****. People had enough of that with the DCP deal, or at least they should have. Unfortunately people have short memories.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
Ah, I was framing it in terms of PSP v. NPPL and reunification being bust.

Services offered to players should be more transparent, and the stuff that isn't concrete shouldn't be believed. As a player, I wouldn't base my decisions on where to play on promises of a TV deal - from PSP/NXL or NPPL. Way too many cases of "We're gonna be on TV!" in paintball's history for that.

D

duffistuta

Originally posted by Baca Loco

A--Duffmeister, are you essentially saying that one league that includes the PP side of the equation is superior in your estimation to one that doesn't?
That is exactly what I am saying. I think that Pure Promotions promoting XBall events would be the dream reunification ticket. There are strong elements in both camps and good people in both camps - combine their skills and ideas and the sky's the limit.

Losing PP's promo and marketing skills would be a huge backward step IMO.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by duffistuta
That is exactly what I am saying. I think that Pure Promotions promoting XBall events would be the dream reunification ticket. There are strong elements in both camps and good people in both camps - combine their skills and ideas and the sky's the limit.

Losing PP's promo and marketing skills would be a huge backward step IMO.

No arguments from me on that point but I wish it was that simple :rolleyes:

And if you think about it, that was exactly what was on the table if the reunification talks had been a success....it's not as if it wasn't possible, it just proved to be unachievable.
Hmmmmmmm........