Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

buying from the states

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellboy

Jan 11, 2008
hi all

just wondering on what you folks thought about buying gear from the usa i.e markers and hoppers :p

Sabot

Sabot Design Photography
Dec 29, 2005
UK,West Midlands,Telford
Better buying it from the uk, helps the scene. Also taxation can sting you.

Try lips paintball there good, or just wait till about 30 people come on spamming there site links :)

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
DONT... thats the 1 word answer, now the simple facts and comments....

You WILL without a dowt be charged inport tax ata daft rate.
You WILL Wothout a dowt have no uk waranty.
You WILL have to ring and send the product back to the point of origin for any kind of bucked product.

These are just the first 3 true things, there is about 6 things but never mind. You will pay more after taxes etc for your stuff at the best the same, and then the other 2 apply. Why waste your money EVERYTHING IS CHEAP ENOUGH here if you really want to play.

In paintball the most expesnive thing is the paint and until that changes you wont save anything in truth you will lose out....... FACT!

Hope this answers your question :D

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
I looked into this as well, and after tax and shipping it isn't worth it. There're some great deals on used stuff on this forum, and even new stuff isn't too badly priced. It's not the answer you wanna hear, but either save up a bit longer or if you're impatient, extend your overdraft (thank god for interest-free student accounts!).

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham

You WILL without a DOUBT (fixed;)) be charged inport tax ata daft rate.
Is that true eh?
I think not! I have only been 'stung' once and that was because I didnt know what I was doing;) Never had a problem with import tax since.

You WILL Wothout a dowt (couldnt be ar$ed to fixx:p)have no uk waranty.
This may be true, but what are the chances of you actually needing the warranty? Worth the risk? I think so for the potential savings, also you lose the warranty if you buy second hand anyway.

Why waste your money EVERYTHING IS CHEAP ENOUGH here if you really want to play
You can import some NICE new shineys from the u.s that are simply not available in the u.k:D Hardly a waste if you love your paintball gear.

In paintball the most expesnive thing is the paint and until that changes you wont save anything in truth you will lose out....... FACT!
So what happens if you actually get GOOD enough to gain some sort of support for your paint in the way of sponsorship? does your statement still stand?:confused:

In my opinion you need to re-think your 'advice' posts before you post.
FACT!

-ChEf

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
My advice still stands and i belive it to be right. Unless you know the seller and its marked as a present you get charged import tax. Some people dont register their stuff so sometimes second hand stuff still has a wanrranty and yes something thats brand new is worth having 1 for so no its not worth the risk in my opion.

Yes ok you can get things that are not over here yet (yet probs being the word as if its any good somone will eventually stock it in the uk) still that wasnt the point.

Paint is still the most expensive part, depends on the type of sponcership you get but more then likely unless your with a really top end team you still pay for your paint whether it be at a reduced rate or not, so say you get your paint for like 20 quid a box, you use say 2 boxes per event, you play 12 events a year thats £480, then you have practice, even this say you use just a box and practice once a month 12 boxes a year thats £240 add that to the £480 = £720 (my guess you will use more then this anyways.
:D

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
Paint is still the most expensive part, depends on the type of sponcership you get but more then likely unless your with a really top end team you still pay for your paint whether it be at a reduced rate or not, so say you get your paint for like 20 quid a box, you use say 2 boxes per event, you play 12 events a year thats £480, then you have practice, even this say you use just a box and practice once a month 12 boxes a year thats £240 add that to the £480 = £720 (my guess you will use more then this anyways.
:D

NVM:rolleyes:

Edit: I was going to try and explain that 'Newbies' are not likely to play as much as you state etc but I cant be ar$ed.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK

You WILL without a dowt be charged inport tax ata daft rate.
You WILL Wothout a dowt have no uk waranty.
You WILL have to ring and send the product back to the point of origin for any kind of bucked product.

These are just the first 3 true things, there is about 6 things but never mind. You will pay more after taxes etc for your stuff at the best the same, and then the other 2 apply. Why waste your money EVERYTHING IS CHEAP ENOUGH here if you really want to play.

Hope this answers your question :D
Bollox

I've personally imported close to 100 items from the states. Some off ebay and others direct from companies in the USA. I've never imported a complete marker, mainly spares and upgrades including complete bodies. Most of this stuff (rare & classic marker parts - Timmy, AutoMag or Eblade) was impossible to buy at a reasonable price in the UK.

Only ever been charged import duty twice

It's a lottery but 9 times out of 10 you'll still save money

Status
Not open for further replies.