buying from the states

Status
Not open for further replies.

ION_CRAZY

Upgrade your Game
Jul 11, 2005
UK
www.paintball-upgrades.co.uk
Most people think that the USA prices are much better, example, invert mini virtue board, $140 + $10 shipping, remember shipping is taxable when importing, you will probably be charged £10 or so in total, even best conversion would get you $150 = £75, + £10 import would be £85, worst case above £90, now most UK retailers including myself charge around that mark, except you get your board in 3 days from a UK retailer, or wait up to 2 weeks from USA and then it could be held by Post office or customs. Is it worth saving a few quid or in some cases not, for all that hassle.

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
speak to a UK dealer who you know stocks the latest US goodies ;)
Good point, but what (if like me) you also have a fetish for cool retro paintball kit that is rarer than rocking horse poo over here?

Thats generally the sort of stuff that I go shopping 'over the pond' for, and it does little harm to add a few extras in to the basket along the way:D

I'll always try buy in the u.k first as (already stated) its easier and comes in a few days, also its nothing that a car drive and a baseball bat cant sort out if you get ripped;)

But for example I REALLY wanted an old school XSV jersey. Could not get one for love nor money over here, I tried for a few months. Went 'over the pond', got one for £15 (£30 posted) in mint condition and did not pay a penny more for it.
Just done a similar thing with some cool packs that are unavailable over here aswell.

There is definatley good and bad points in overseas shopping, but its NOT all negative as first responded to by the playboy bunny up top:rolleyes:

-ChEf

FirebirD

Grade 'A' Chump
Jun 22, 2006
Dorset
Only downside is that I dont know any UK dealer that sells after market stuff for the borg, so I have to get it from the US. But the other stuff, i'd happily get it from the UK as its probably alot quicker, and will work out around the same price.

UKAsylum

Sep 25, 2007
still should support the uk dealers though.

i do... but as Chef has accurately stated.. some stuff you just cant get over here for a good price. Im awaiting an order from the states, that includes some goggle parts that you just wont get over here, and a JT USA Sportz X-Jacket. the jacket cost me a whole 11.95. i know there's shipping and tax that may add on that, but its a large order, so the costs will be spread nicely. but seeing as how the jacket is about £50 maybe more, in the uk. i am happy with my order.

Gurkha

Sabot

Sabot Design Photography
Dec 29, 2005
UK,West Midlands,Telford
Good point, but what (if like me) you also have a fetish for cool retro paintball kit that is rarer than rocking horse poo over here?

Thats generally the sort of stuff that I go shopping 'over the pond' for, and it does little harm to add a few extras in to the basket along the way:D

I'll always try buy in the u.k first as (already stated) its easier and comes in a few days, also its nothing that a car drive and a baseball bat cant sort out if you get ripped;)

But for example I REALLY wanted an old school XSV jersey. Could not get one for love nor money over here, I tried for a few months. Went 'over the pond', got one for £15 (£30 posted) in mint condition and did not pay a penny more for it.
Just done a similar thing with some cool packs that are unavailable over here aswell.

There is definatley good and bad points in overseas shopping, but its NOT all negative as first responded to by the playboy bunny up top:rolleyes:

-ChEf
Sums it up

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
DONT... thats the 1 word answer, now the simple facts and comments....

You WILL without a dowt be charged inport tax ata daft rate.
You WILL Wothout a dowt have no uk waranty.
You WILL have to ring and send the product back to the point of origin for any kind of bucked product.

These are just the first 3 true things, there is about 6 things but never mind. You will pay more after taxes etc for your stuff at the best the same, and then the other 2 apply. Why waste your money EVERYTHING IS CHEAP ENOUGH here if you really want to play.

In paintball the most expesnive thing is the paint and until that changes you wont save anything in truth you will lose out....... FACT!

Hope this answers your question :D
You sir are a bellend, your talking sh!t.

Most people think that the USA prices are much better, example, invert mini virtue board, $140 + $10 shipping, remember shipping is taxable when importing, you will probably be charged £10 or so in total, even best conversion would get you $150 = £75, + £10 import would be £85, worst case above £90, now most UK retailers including myself charge around that mark, except you get your board in 3 days from a UK retailer, or wait up to 2 weeks from USA and then it could be held by Post office or customs. Is it worth saving a few quid or in some cases not, for all that hassle.

If it was a matter of saving a few quid id agree with you, but when or if you can do it "properly" you save a shed load

Status
Not open for further replies.