Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Calling A Player Out

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
You're quite a young guy man, it's normal to feel a little intimidated. But always stick to your convictions as a marshal. End of the day you're there for safety most importantly, followed by ensuring that everyone has a good day. Repeat business is more beneficial than squeezing a few extra paintballs out of some guy, but remember that by letting one play on, you're robbing someone of a kill they can brag about, and that's what they love.

You're going to get dicks, probably a lot of them. Keep a stiff back, explain yourself politely, professionally and calmly. And at the end of the day, don't take any ****. If they kick off, if you ever feel intimidated, see your head marshal or site owner.

Connor Nourse

The Viking
Apr 16, 2014
You're quite a young guy man, it's normal to feel a little intimidated. But always stick to your convictions as a marshal. End of the day you're there for safety most importantly, followed by ensuring that everyone has a good day. Repeat business is more beneficial than squeezing a few extra paintballs out of some guy, but remember that by letting one play on, you're robbing someone of a kill they can brag about, and that's what they love.

You're going to get dicks, probably a lot of them. Keep a stiff back, explain yourself politely, professionally and calmly. And at the end of the day, don't take any ****. If they kick off, if you ever feel intimidated, see your head marshal or site owner.
cheers bud :p

PBWill

Mar 18, 2013
England
im 15 and i ref at CPPS, and sometimes the players do give us abit of lip and it can be pretty scary! put your foot down with them, at the end of the day you can eject them from the game if you feel the need to. What i find helps is that you take them to one side after the game and explain to them why you had to pull them out, so they understand and 9/10? they are ok with it :D

Connor Nourse

The Viking
Apr 16, 2014
im 15 and i ref at CPPS, and sometimes the players do give us abit of lip and it can be pretty scary! put your foot down with them, at the end of the day you can eject them from the game if you feel the need to. What i find helps is that you take them to one side after the game and explain to them why you had to pull them out, so they understand and 9/10? they are ok with it :D
yeah, i would've but its pretty hard singling someone out when they're all in rental gear :p, but he ran out of paint as he was mid way through a rant

Reactions: PBWill

TheDuke313

Roughneck Member, Planet eclipse Lvl 2 Dealer tech
Oct 14, 2012
Annan Scotland
Brush it off, make it look as if its him thats got no balls but standing your ground, as the other folks have said, u are there for safety and that main priority, if he was a passionate player then he would take the advice and respawn and clean then play a better game

southernP8nt

Aug 20, 2008
cheers bud :p
When I used to marshal at my local site I had a few different stock responses for when customers started to get a bit worked up.

One was for just the situation you had here, a clear hit to the mask that the punter is choosing to ignore. If they refuse to leave upon it being pointed out to them then my next response was always some variation on "it's purely a safety thing, we've had people break legs here running around with paint blocking their vision like you've got. You don't want to get hurt do you?" I would say 9 times out of 10 the punter would agree and head to the dead zone, and with the one that didn't then there's no point continuing to hassle them so just back off and let them play.

beertheballer

May 25, 2014
Wakefield
I remember when I was 15 reffing rec ballers 2/3 tines my age thinking they know more then me about paintball..... fools! But we was encouraged to keep them in games to spend more money so not use to really call them out unless it was very obvious

Cauliflower Ears

May 20, 2014
As a 30 odd year old I would find it difficult taking blanket instructions from a 15 year old. It's the same as admitting my son is right. The best piece of advice is the safety for the player. No one ignores safety advice unless they are a moron! Good luck with your future marshalling

Reactions: TheDuke313

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
But we was encouraged to keep them in games to spend more money so not use to really call them out unless it was very obvious
I always hate this attitude from sites - and I'm convinced it loses them repeat buisness when people feel cheating is being ignored. Call everyone out when hit, enforce fair play, the games may be over quicker, but then there is more time for more games....